Hair Transplant Results 9\2006

hairman1976

Originally posted by Bill:

Hi hairman1976,

Looks like that should lower the hairline a little bit. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Bill

I'm going to guess he was born in 1976... icon_wink.gif

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

LOL M&M! Probably...but one never knows for sure now do they? icon_wink.gif

On a serious note...I wondered mainly because I'm worried for him if he's too young he may have more loss. I don't know that dense packing the hairline so early is the best idea if more hairloss is going to occur. For example...if he lost the majority of his hair on top of his head by the time he was 40 years old, he's going to be stuck with working with a lower hairline and will have to lessen density in other areas as a result. In my case, even though I might be around his age, my hairloss was already more substantial so I already knew what areas to plan to cover. Anyway...just some thoughts.

Bill

Yepperoo!!!!!! It seems like we must reevaluate potential HT candidates these days!!!!!!!

I guess for those of us who lost it all, a guy with this much hair should have women, cars, and career on his mind, not a HT.

Here again, its simply a matter of choice and ethics.

I am NOT saying it was unethical to transplant this guy in particular, just that when he was sitting in the waiting room with all of the NW 4, 5, and 6's, he should have been afraid to tell them he was there for his hairline procedure, for fear of his life! LOL

I don't think what was done on this guy will cause much concern later on in life, if he were to simply leave his head alone from this point on.

Hypothetical----- What if he has to continually do sessions of 500 to 1000 grafts over the next ten years in order to stay ahead of his hairloss? Does this present a risk for donor misuse and a potentially front-loaded HT? IMO yes.

That is the only issue I see here, not the placement of the hairline, technique, etc... because now this guy can pop into the chair for a quick "hairline tune-up" during lunch.

He's lucky he didn't go to Armani, they would have put 4500 grafts in the same area. I guess they can put grafts really close together, or something =)

Any thoughts?

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I agree with Bill, without knowing this fellows age it is tough know if this was a good use of 700 grafts. Today maybe, 15 years down the road who knows. If he is in his 20s then the Dr. should have turned him away. I do not question this fellow thinking he needed work. We all have different perceptions of ourselves when we look in the mirror.

NoBuzz

I have no strong opinion on it...it just concerns me (at worst) when I see patients doing hairline work like that...it isn't necessarily bad...it all depends on what's going to happen. Dr. Dorin from what I know is a reputable highly regarded Dr. and I know he works with Dr. True...so I'm sure he was evaluated as a patient and in his specific case, Dr. Dorin made the decision to work on him. Not to mention, it was only 700 grafts...so Dr. Dorin probably was being conservative for that very reason...but it's all speculation. Either way...I am sure these results will come out great!

Bill

Seriously people, if the dude is 30 with that level of hairloss he is in pretty damn good shape to spend a mere 700 grafts refining his hairline.

I mean its wise to have a conservative outlook concerning HT's but suggesting this is may not be a good use of grafts for someone his age is borderline Nazi conservatism.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

i agree with JakeVig. i think Dr. True made a very interesting argument in tony71's thread a while back for doing a strip for this amount of grafts. even Dr. Feller argued on hairlosshelp recently that given the current state of FUE, anyone needing more than *400* grafts should go with a strip. so all this "concern" about strips for smaller numbers isn't even supported by the position of arguably the best FUE practitioner in the country. that being said, i see no reason why this guy should have waited. i think a lot of the handwringing is just covert jealousy that the guy has a lot of hair left and all the attention here always goes to the extemely bald posters. it's like, "how could he possibly only need 700? he doesn't need a transplant...!" it took a while for anyone to even respond to this guy's thread, and he didn't get the welcome message and backslapping every 4000+ graft case seems to get. not everybody needs a Hasson & Wong miracle, but i can understand why a modest case like this doesn't elicit much sympathy and flies under the radar. and if he were going to be a nw7, we'd probably already see him well on his way by now.

Hairman,

I am sure you will be thrilled to see that new hairline sprout in a few months, good luck! Since most of us are balder than you, we know how ballsy it was for you to go through with it. Are you using meds?

NoBuzz