update

Darren,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I really do. But we have be honest here or this site means nothing. Your density is poor. You will not be happy with that result.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

what's done is done, but do your research and in a year or two, go a for another HT. It seems way too thin IMO. You need another 2000 or so to fill in the gaps and make your head look full. It's a shame that the doctor doesn't want to learn new techniques and instead wastes your time and money on a 1500 FU strip, only to have to do it again.

I agree with the other comments. I think the spacing is way to far apart and it doesnt look to me like 1579 even. I think if you compare immediate post op pics from top docs recommended on this forum they look better than your 7 days post op. I think you will need to go back and have another session done and this tme it will be night and day difference if you use a top doc.

I appreciate all your comments. I actually have been satisfied with the results so far from what i looked like prior. So for 4 mo in my opinion it has showed a difference. Certainly my family has notified a change as well. When i get to atleast 12 months I will certainly consider looking at all my options with other doctors out there. Being on this site has really educated me in HT's.

Hi Darren,

I dont want to repeat what others have already said but it does look like you have received poor density. If im not mistaken at some places on your hairline you may have only received between 4-6 grafts cm2. Can you let us know the details of your HT like the density and coverage etc.

I know that it is always satisfying to see hair growth anytime which is why you will be happy with the results of your HT. Although I dont think that you have received a world class HT that we are used to seeing on these forums. I must believe that had you gone with a better doctor than you would be ecstatic with the results.

Although at only 4 months you should still expect to see a better cosmetic result. Some people have gotten satisfactory results with what initially appeared to be an unsatisfactory HT. You should check out dhuge and jagdish results for examples.

One concern that I do have though is that because your incisions look excessively large I would like to know if you received any 'pitting', can you provide us with a very close up of your hairline so we can see if everything healed ok?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

You and I have kind of been Dr. Zorba'd. haha jk

It's not too bad but it will give you an idea of how low-density the standard follicular unit transplantation can be. You and I both had Pistone do our first transplants and while I don't think it's bad work, it just wont be dense - which is why I am shaving my head down to a #3 (on a beard trimmer) until I get another procedure.

I had about 100 more FU's over the same area and I'm definitely not happy with the "dusting" of hair that covers that area. I'll need about the same amount over the same area, again, to achieve my desired density.

I'm gonna wait another 5 months and then I'll get evaluated by someone like Dr. Feller and then see what's what.

All in all, you'll be better off in a year than you are currently (I know I'm already less bald looking, for sure). Just get ultra refined results next time - it's what I'm looking to do.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Darren Rabinowitz:

I just wanted to see what everything thinks of my progress. I just passed the 4 month post op..

Hi Darren,

Just head over to H&W in 12 months and get this over with in one go. PM me if you want to see my incisions at day 5.

Hi

Guys, we are entitled to our opinions but it's hard to judge the final result. Yes, he will need future procedures but maybe there are reasons why ..We do not know where his native hair is as we don't have microscopes. Everyone can't get megasessions and somteimes the surgeon will fill in the area before working on overall density.. Isn't his doctor well respected on here..He will get a decent result from 1500. Every doc doesn't put 6000 graft in one shot.Some prefer a more conservative approach.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I guess. But, decent means different things to different pople. of course he will look with more hair, after ll he put 1550 FU, had his head sliced up and is out close to $10k for it.

Seeing the area covered, and the number of grafts we can get an idea of how it will look. One has to also keep in mind that whatever hair he has on front, will most likely fall within a few years, so 1500 grafts will have to cover almost the entire front; not even close to "decent" IMO.

Like the other psoter suggested: wait for a while, and then go to a good doctor and get it over with it.

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi

Guys, we are entitled to our opinions but it's hard to judge the final result. Yes, he will need future procedures but maybe there are reasons why ..We do not know where his native hair is as we don't have microscopes. Everyone can't get megasessions and somteimes the surgeon will fill in the area before working on overall density.. Isn't his doctor well respected on here..He will get a decent result from 1500. Every doc doesn't put 6000 graft in one shot.Some prefer a more conservative approach.

• Administrators

Darren,

Welcome to our community. I agree with many of the comments made above (thanks to all who contributed their thoughtful input).

One of the limitations of standard follicular unit grafting versus today's cutting edge Ultra Refined Follicular Unit grafting, is its inability to achieve one pass densities. The bigger incisions and less refined grafts containing excess tissue do not enable a surgeon to safely dense pack grafts closely. Thus patients inevitably need to do a second procedure months later to go in between the new hair to create acceptable density.

This was true for me when I did my first standard follicular unit surgery over eight years ago. But things have really progressed since then. Today my surgeon, Dr. Ron Shapiro, and other surgeons who have mastered follicular unit grafting and now provide ultra refined grafting are capable of doing much larger sessions using smaller incisions and more refined grafts.

Today I expect that my first surgery with Dr. Shapiro would not have been just 1,450 grafts but in excess of 3,000 and perhaps even 4,000 grafts.

Things have really evolved for the better since my first surgery and I almost get "hair envy" looking at the recent photos from leading surgeons.

But not all "follicular unit" surgeons and clinics have progressed and developed the capacity to provide Ultra Refined Follicular Unit grafting. Most of those who have reached this high level of mastery are members of the Coalition.

I suggest you look closely at the work of these clinics over the coming months to get a sense of the work that can be done for you.

In any case, I expect you will see some nice improvements in your frontal third over the coming months. But I expect that like Dhuge you will desire more density and refinement in a future session to give you optimal results.

Best wishes for great growth.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by Darren Rabinowitz:

I just wanted to see what everything thinks of my progress. I just passed the 4 month post op..

I think Dr Pistone uses the same tool as doctors use to remove FUE. Check this video http://healthology.com/hybrid-player/hybrid-autodetect....shelp&spg=OTH&bhcp=1 (forward to minute 22) from another doctor and you will see how large the holes are. For single FUs on the hairline he used 1.5mm holes--and even bragged about them being small. Also interesting to see how far apart the grafts are. Not my cup of tea!