Our disagreements

Gentleman/Ladies,

I wanted to start this thread from a topic that got started under member Furless' post of his recent HT with Dr. Keene.

There are bound to be disagreements and biases that we all have. Most of us are going to be heavily skewed towards the philosophy and technique of the physician that we have chosen for our own personal work.(Does michaellovesNYC know that there are other HT docs?) icon_smile.gif This is natural. I had my recent HT with Dr. Ron Shapiro. Obviously I went there because I felt that his style and approach was going to be well suited for my needs. Getting a HT is a very serious surgery and now I have a certain sense of loyalty towards all the people at Shapiro because of the great treatment and hopefully soon to be great results. No doubt I am going to favour their clinic and approach because I had such a great experience. That is to be expected.

I personally believe however, that as somewhat of a veteren poster and a more educated individual(with HT's) than many of the members, that it is my responsibility to remain somewhat unbiased. Yes I believe Dr. Ron Shapiro to be one of the most skilled on the planet or I wouldn't have gone there, but there are other clinics performing very refined work and quite possibly are better suited for needs of others. Hard to say. It is fortunate that there are now a good handful of clinics performing awesome results.

We all know that Gorpy is one of Dr. Keenes biggest chearleaders, but I don't think that I blame him. Look at his results. Argueably the best on this site. He now has a certain sense of loyalty and love of her and her staff and is quick to send people in her direction or support her if there are comments that need to be addressed. She does not have an online support staff that is regular on the forums so there is no real harm in Gorpy stepping up to the plate.

I believe that Jotronic and Gorpy do actually have a great deal of respect for each other as they both know each other is knowledgeable on the topics of HT's. There relationship is somewhat like that of Mrjb and myself in regards to pharmaceuticals vs. natural products. We clearly disagree on most of the topics but I respect him for his opinion and believe that he appreciates my thought out responses.

There is no way in hell that we are all going to agree on everything and some of us have stronger personalities than others. No harm. Since being on this site I have seen at least 2 great members leave over stupid disagreements. Lets do our best to not have such things happen in the future.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Gentleman/Ladies,

I wanted to start this thread from a topic that got started under member Furless' post of his recent HT with Dr. Keene.

There are bound to be disagreements and biases that we all have. Most of us are going to be heavily skewed towards the philosophy and technique of the physician that we have chosen for our own personal work.(Does michaellovesNYC know that there are other HT docs?) icon_smile.gif This is natural. I had my recent HT with Dr. Ron Shapiro. Obviously I went there because I felt that his style and approach was going to be well suited for my needs. Getting a HT is a very serious surgery and now I have a certain sense of loyalty towards all the people at Shapiro because of the great treatment and hopefully soon to be great results. No doubt I am going to favour their clinic and approach because I had such a great experience. That is to be expected.

I personally believe however, that as somewhat of a veteren poster and a more educated individual(with HT's) than many of the members, that it is my responsibility to remain somewhat unbiased. Yes I believe Dr. Ron Shapiro to be one of the most skilled on the planet or I wouldn't have gone there, but there are other clinics performing very refined work and quite possibly are better suited for needs of others. Hard to say. It is fortunate that there are now a good handful of clinics performing awesome results.

We all know that Gorpy is one of Dr. Keenes biggest chearleaders, but I don't think that I blame him. Look at his results. Argueably the best on this site. He now has a certain sense of loyalty and love of her and her staff and is quick to send people in her direction or support her if there are comments that need to be addressed. She does not have an online support staff that is regular on the forums so there is no real harm in Gorpy stepping up to the plate.

I believe that Jotronic and Gorpy do actually have a great deal of respect for each other as they both know each other is knowledgeable on the topics of HT's. There relationship is somewhat like that of Mrjb and myself in regards to pharmaceuticals vs. natural products. We clearly disagree on most of the topics but I respect him for his opinion and believe that he appreciates my thought out responses.

There is no way in hell that we are all going to agree on everything and some of us have stronger personalities than others. No harm. Since being on this site I have seen at least 2 great members leave over stupid disagreements. Lets do our best to not have such things happen in the future.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Yeah, whatever numb nuts. Fuck off........

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Ohhh....sorry NN, it was just too funny for me to resist. I tried so hard not write a funny ironic response but just could not resist....i'm sorry. Love ya babe and well written post with an excellent point of view. Thanks for reminding us.

NN,

Thanks for posting this topic. I've also considered the very same things. I'm not really a veteran poster here, and I don't consider myself an expert. But, as most folks who've had HT's with good surgeons, I do feel a strong sense of respect, admiration and loyalty to Dr. Cooley and his staff. Naturally, I want to share my enthusiam with others, even though I understand I am biased because of my own experience in with Dr. Cooley & his staff.

Other than expressing my own satisfaction with my HT, and answering any direct questions regarding Dr. Cooley and his staff (based on my own experience), I have purposfully not steered anyone toward him and try to avoid the "who is the best HT surgeon in the world" threads I've noticed every now & then.

I have even disagreed with the highly esteemed Bill! If I recall correctly, Bill favors "dry healing" and I am a strong believer in "wet healing" (or using massive quantities of salt water rinses after a HT, and using oil (Vitamin E or others) to "melt/soften" scabs instead of mechanical message to remove them). Bill would tell you it's not necessary to rinse with salt water and use Vitamin E oil, and I would tell you that you would be better off if you did. So there we are.

I also recall spirited disagreements over using "hair counts" and I was strongly on the "use hair counts" side of the argument and I still have a great deal of respect for many of those who were on the other side of the argument.

I wasn't aware that some members left over stupid agreements but I'm not surprised. Seems to be a common occurence in most every forum out there.

Cheers!

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Well my friends that is what makes this place so great and so so valuable difference in opinion and the great art of debate (strip vs fue, Dr.1 vs Dr2 etc.) we truly are lucky to have this site to learn from. Hell it swayed me away from a "hair mill" Just keep in mind it is all in the best interest for all of us too keep what NN has already stated. By the way what two guys left?

You only live once...

NN (and everyone),

Thank you for creating a new topic on this so we can give Furless back his thread.

I believe one of things that makes this forum great is because of the "technical" debates - after all, it does facilitate education.

The Furless thread however, was getting out of control and I stepped in when it was changing from a technical debate to a personal war.

I want to make it clear that I like Gorpy and value his contribution to this forum community. However, I will not tolerate unnecessary attacks against other forum members while disrespecting others by attempting to silence their voice.

If this makes me unpopular, I can't help that. But it is my job as a moderator to defend what is right. If doing what is right is unpopular, so be it.

Know however, that this was not a personal attack against Gorpy. I would have done the same if another member of our community (whether patient member of clinical consultant) was behaving the same way. And yes, I would defend Gorpy in a heartbeat if he was being treated unfairly.

I have no problem with Gorpy's passion for Dr. Keene's work. After all, he has a right like everyone else to express his excitement about his hair transplant experience. I believe that Dr. Keene performs state of the art hair transplantation.

Middleson,

A healthy debate is a good thing, and I have no problem with our disagreements. Actually, I'm not even sure if we disagree on the "dry healing" verses "wet healing" topic. I personally believe dry healing verses wet healing is subjective. I thing both methods have their merit and I know that some doctors favor one method over the other icon_smile.gif.

Everyone,

I think at the end of the day, we just have to try to remember that we are hear to encourage and educate fellow hair loss sufferers. Let's try not to let disagreements get personal and the garden will continue to flourish.

Thank you all for your continual involvement in our community.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Arrie:

Well my friends that is what makes this place so great and so so valuable difference in opinion and the great art of debate (strip vs fue, Dr.1 vs Dr2 etc.) we truly are lucky to have this site to learn from. Hell it swayed me away from a "hair mill" Just keep in mind it is all in the best interest for all of us too keep what NN has already stated..QUOTE]

That about sums it up doesn't it? And that's probably why I might feel more a sense of loyalty to this website than I feel for Dr. Cooley. It was through this website that I found Dr. Cooley and like Arrie, avoided the hair mills and all the potential unknowns that might have entailed.

By the way, I haven't seen the furless thread you guys are talking about...now I'm curious, but don't have much time for that at the moment. I was just responding to this thread on it's own merits.

Bill, what are you saying man? Subjective my a** icon_wink.gif! I was saying just the opposite, that it was objective, that you would see objective results & faster improvement with "wet healing"...well, nevermind, we'll save that for another thread icon_biggrin.gif (cheers!)

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

NN,

Well said my friend. These debates in which there are no clear cut black and white sides will always lead to a pissing match in which nobody wins.

They do get tiresome but can be educational. I do think most everyone is man enough here to not take their ball and go home if it does not go their way.

This shit isn't worth losing any more hair over fella's. icon_smile.gif Keep it fun!

NoBuzz

It is normal to disagree but it is essential people remain respectful even if you disagree. I always welcome a good debate as NN and I have shared... I don't claim to know everything and what works for me might not work for others. No doubt there are several docs on here who can deliver a superior result.

With that being said, I like to think i bring a lot to the table. 3 HT's , a ton of research, and a compassionate yet objective approach ( and a damn good looking head of hair).

I always say,

" don't mistake my passion for arrogance"

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!