18 year old needs help

Hi, im 18 i have been losing hair since i was 16 and it wasnt really noticeable until now i have no idea why my hair is falling so early, but my hair is thinning in the top not the hairline.

I was ok with it at first but people have begun to notice a lot and keep asking why im going bald so young, and i try to play it off but it does take away a lot from one's self steem. I started using a shampoo called progaine and a minoxidyl solution but my hair keeps falling out at the same rate and i was hoping for any advice it would be greatly apreciated. sorry for the long read

Hi, im 18 i have been losing hair since i was 16 and it wasnt really noticeable until now i have no idea why my hair is falling so early, but my hair is thinning in the top not the hairline.

I was ok with it at first but people have begun to notice a lot and keep asking why im going bald so young, and i try to play it off but it does take away a lot from one's self steem. I started using a shampoo called progaine and a minoxidyl solution but my hair keeps falling out at the same rate and i was hoping for any advice it would be greatly apreciated. sorry for the long read

milopo,

Welcome to the forum

I like you have started losing my hair young. Although its different becasue iv been receeding since the age of 16. I know it sucks being self concious about it but there are things that you can do.

At your age id really looking into getting on a consistant regime of the big 3

-nizoral shampoo

-rogaine or minox

-propecia

Hi Milopo,

It sounds like you and giants are in the same exact boat. Propecia with Rogaine can work wonders to stop loss and regrow hairs. I'd suggest you start checking out ht doctors to find the one you trust. Then you can move forward to start treating your hair loss. Give the meds a good year or two before deciding on surgery. If the two work well on you, you may find you won't need surgery. Best of luck.

Shaved heads are very "in" for people now. Not sure how your head will look with it, but you could always try that, while still doing the rogaine, propecia thing. If you need an excuse to shave your head, take Jiu Jitsu. lol Great workout and shaved heads are very common.

Milopo,

Welcome to our community. The most common type of hair loss is genetic hair loss and can start at varying ages. People also can lose hair in different patterns. The and/or [url=]ludwig scale can be used as a guide to determine your type and level of hair loss.

As Janna states, Propecia and Rogaine, the two FDA approved hair loss medical treatments are your best line of defense.

Hair transplantation will NOT be an option for you at this point because of your age and the unpredictabliltiy of hair loss.

This forum is a good resource to begin your research to help you accomplish your hair restoration goals.

I hope you take comfort and encouragement here as you are in good company.

Best wishes,

Bill