Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Thanks for your comments Dr. Epstein. Sometimes we tend to forget about "maximizing results" with minimum grafts - which equals less trauma, risk and money for the patient.

We are asking that all doctors provide hair counts along with grafts counts so that patients will know what they are really getting.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Thanks Dr. Epstein.

I know several clinics are trying to balance the safety and long-term care of the patient vs the wants of today.

We see such massive sessions, that we simply assume everyone is eligible.

However, Dr. Epstein pointed out that he only performs 4000+ graft sessions on patients that meet his qualifying process, and that is EXACTLY what I expect from a Coalition Doctor.

Every patient is NOT a candidate for large sessions, but consequently, a virgin patient with extensive baldness should be able to "Go large" if he meets a certain criteria.

I think as long as 3000 or more grafts are being performed on NW4-5-6 patients during the first session, everyone should realize their goals (extenuating circumstances notwithstanding)

I guess the main point is that we can feel comfortable sending patients with all levels of baldness to our Coalition Docs.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

THANK YOU DR. EPSTEIN! It is so refreshing to see your view on this topic. Everytime this subject is brought up it always gets swayed in the direction of large sessions but never by someone of your caliber. Hopefully people can see the light now.

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Today was my appointment with Dr. E and I couldn't be happier. He clarified all my doubts and answered all my questions. I truly think that the approach suggested by the Doctor is the right approach for me. I also noticed that he can archive great results with 2,700 grafts on patients with the same level of hair loss that I have, (I saw numerous pictures of former patients). Dr. E made a point on the fact that he does not divide follicular units and that sometimes Doctors leave patients with too wide of a donor site scar trying to obtain more grafts than the patient can naturally provide. After this consultation I really think that based on my hair loss history and my age that this is the right plan of attack for my case. With medication I will try to at least stop future hair loss and if that doesn't work I still will have the option of going back for another HT because I'm not compromising my donor site now. I strongly recommend you guys to take a look at Dr. E web-site there's a lot of pictures and you can see great results on patients with 2,500 to 2,700 grafts. My surgery with Dr. E is scheduled for April 16th and I will be posting before and after pictures along with an overall view of the whole process. Thanks for all your help on this Forum, without this community I wouldn't be able to move forward with my HT. I'm happy that I'm trusting my HT to Dr. Epstein, he is a great surgeon with more than 14 years of experience in the field, I can't wait for April 16th.

Regards

Ralph

HI Dr. E. You did my transplant back on October 7, 2005. 2800 Front 1/3. I now have a full head of hair and could not be happier. It truly is undetectable and when I look at my photos, there is a huge difference between my bald look versus my current look.

I met with you a few months ago to consider a second transplant to fill in the top of my head which is still thinning. You recommended maybe another 2200 But I am going to put that off as long as possible.

I am now 52 but still have a large amount of donor hair available.

Maybe I will see you in another year or so.

I am a big fan of Dr. E. I think you'll be very happy with your results.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi

I like Dr. E's answer. His style is similar to my doc, Dr. True.. Notice,the mentioning or implied the fact of the non splitting FU's and the exaggeration of numbers. This is a key factor we must consider. These days everyone want MORE NOW. Ok, in some cases there are docs who can do that but that does not mean it is right because you can. With a conservative approach one can plan accurately for future loss with the best cosmetic approach. We have a limited donor supply and unfortuantely in some cases future loss ( even with Propecia). If you use much of the donor supply going too dense or focused in one are, you can hurt yourself later as you will not be able to change your approach..

Every patient is different and we must respect the quality doctor's professional approach.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 5 months later...

I plan to cosnult with Epstein and True next month.

I am most likely planning to go with one or the other. I have to rule out Feller becasue I am unable to shave the recipient area.

I will make my decision on who to proceed with following my consults.

Any idea what I could expect to pay for a 2000-2500 graft session with either True or Epstein?

Guest wanthairs

barley....

I paid exactly 10,000 $ for my procedre, including all drugs and everything and got 2802 grafts.......And at this point I would highly recomend Dr. Epstein, although I have 7 more moths to see the final result beofre I actually jump and down with joy or throw myself off a cliff.