conscious of scar?

Just a quick one really, are those of you who have had a transplant conscious of the scar at the back of your head, even if invisible?

I.e are you as paranoid about it being detected as you werer about your hairloss in the first place?!

your comments are appreciated

Yes I'm concious of my scar, thats why I had it filled with hair 2 months ago, cant wait for it to grow in so I can resume some modicum of a normal life. IMO never have a strip, I know a lot of people on here are pro-strip, but not me, I would never recommend strip to anyone.

despends how you have your hair.

If you have your hair constintly short and like it that way then STRIP isnt for you unless you have very thick donor hair to hide it.

If you have long hair or grade 6 or more on the back then you should be ok as far as people seeing it.

If your not in a rush for a HT and are just gathering Info then keep waiting as long as yout can as the Docs are geting better at FUE all the time and i here SMG (Dr Shapiro) is doing very good FUE at the moment but its still quite a new step for them.

If you untimatly deside on FUE. there will be a few things you need to ask the doctors.

you need to find out what kind of extraction tool they will be using. if they say its A Manual tool with arround 1mm punch then it should be fine.

If they say its a Motorised Tool that does not require as much manual work then RUN A MILE no joke.

FUE is very good if its done right and will be a good option for you depending on key factors of your hair.

if your loss isnt that bad then FUE might be a good idea

best thing you can do is consult with as mnay of the top docs as possible and see what they say. if there answers are very similar then trust them, if they vary quite allot then post your concerns

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

As others may of mentioned, hair color, length and thickness will most likely play a roll in how visible your scar is. As well how much donor area hair you have to cover it up.

But to answer your question, Ive never once gotten paranoid about my scar. I even get my sides and back down to a 1 with it longer on top. Even at that, not the slightest bit worried nor was it ever detected (to my knowledge...<eeks&gticon_wink.gif. Maybe I just have chosen a doc thats realy good at sealing me up icon_smile.gif

Only thing I was ever paranoid about was causing any type of trauma to that area (which Im am very careful not to of course) and never happened.

I went through 4 years of military wearing my scar. It was by far the toughest and most mentally challenging time of my life. A lot of those 4 yrs were spent in lines. All kinds of lines. My mind never once was at peace. Why did I join with the scar? Can't say, but I do know that if there is a God he has awarded me for my discomforts. Nowadays it feels great having my hair long concealed from the world. My real scar for life is probably the one inside.

Originally posted by Sparky:

Yes I'm concious of my scar, thats why I had it filled with hair 2 months ago, cant wait for it to grow in so I can resume some modicum of a normal life. IMO never have a strip, I know a lot of people on here are pro-strip, but not me, I would never recommend strip to anyone.

Hear you loud and clear. I also plan on eventually covering mine. I have a long way to go first.

How many FU/FUE did it take to fill it in?

Well, I just had an HT done a few weeks ago but I would certainly rather have a scar on the back of my head, which I can cover if I let my hair be a little longer than usual, than have a bald head. That's just my opinion. I'm not really concerned about it other than wanting the incision to completely heal.