Hair Transplantation...

sxaden

Couple of questions guys,

Is there a Hair transplantation version of 'spot lifting' in lifting weights? What I mean by this question is if you have very limited selected areas you want hair transplanted in on your top/receeding hairline can you just ask the surgeon to implant it there for a lower cost, or is there a flat rate for a 'full head of hair' transplant? If there is a discrepency can anybody give me a ballpark figure at the price ranges? Also do these surgeons give consultations? I'm not quite ready right now, nontheless I'd still like to maybe sit down with a HT surgeon and kind of get their analysis so I can make a better decision down the road when I choose to get my transplant. Any good suregons int he VA/MD/DC area? Forgive me if I sound so clueless but the reason I've joined this forum is to get a clue I guess, lol.

Couple of questions guys,

Is there a Hair transplantation version of 'spot lifting' in lifting weights? What I mean by this question is if you have very limited selected areas you want hair transplanted in on your top/receeding hairline can you just ask the surgeon to implant it there for a lower cost, or is there a flat rate for a 'full head of hair' transplant? If there is a discrepency can anybody give me a ballpark figure at the price ranges? Also do these surgeons give consultations? I'm not quite ready right now, nontheless I'd still like to maybe sit down with a HT surgeon and kind of get their analysis so I can make a better decision down the road when I choose to get my transplant. Any good suregons int he VA/MD/DC area? Forgive me if I sound so clueless but the reason I've joined this forum is to get a clue I guess, lol.

sxaden,

well, I'll try to answer your questions; the size of the sessions vary for each individual's needs; also a HT will not give you a full head of hair--you will not achieve the same density that you had before you started losing your hair; however, with the right surgeon and good characteristics the allusion of a full-head of hair can be achieved.

Most surgeons charge 4-5$/graft for the first 2000 grafts and then around 2.50/graft after that. With today's standards 2000 grafts and under is considered a "small" session; 3500+ is considered a "large" session;

Most doc do free consultations; here is a link to the list of coalition docs that perform clean, refined work consistently:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

Also do not go to the hair mills--MHR, Bosley...their results are inconsistent and many do not perform refined work; stay with a coalition doc.

dhoose,

Thanks for the insight bro. By the way, what is a "graft" exactly? Is it a single strand of hair? Also the appealing thing about HT for me is that, in HS etc. although I grew hair very quicly, I used to always keep it short, so I'm not looking for the suregon to give me 'a full head of hair' per se. Again thanks.

Sxaden,

Check out Dr. James Vogel in Baltimore, stay away from anyone in DC/VA especially Dr. Giannoto. I have heard bad things about him.

Dr. Vogel is a now a memebr of the Coalition and Pat has visited his clinic personaly. I had my last work done with him 10 months ago, he is not cheap but he is very detailed. 5-6$ graft.

NoBuzz

sxaden,

A hair graft contains a group of hairs particular to the type of graft. The gold standard in hair transplantation is to use follicular unit grafting transplanting hair groupings as they occur naturally in the scalp which contain 1, 2, 3, and sometimes 4 hairs, and very rarely a few more. A follicular unit graft therefore could have up to 4 hairs.

I hpoe this helps.

Bill

Prices seem to be $4-$5 per fu graft . Some clinics who do strip charge per follicular unit "harvested and planted ".

Some clinics may charge per

Follicular Unit not separateded by the techs but left connected to another follicular unit as one graft (DFU) .

This larger single graft is then put in to one larger recipient site .

You are then charged for each unseparated follicular unit in the single graft transplanted .

Sxaden: I agree with NoBuzz. Dr. Vogel is an excellent physician. Some physiciands also charge flat fixed fees not to exceed prices for small medium and large session sizes. You can also inquire with your surgeon about that. There are many knowledgeable people and patients on this website that can give you plenty of advice and opinions. Look around research and ask questions.

Ricardo Mejia MD

Hair Transplant Network Physician

Jupiter FL