Dr. Alan Feller

Hi Guys

I bumped into this excellent forum sometime back and then started researching some of the doctors. I have shortlisted some doctors and would be scheduling my consultations shortly. During my research, i observed that Dr. Allan Feller does not put a MD next to his name wheras all the other doctors put those letters. Does that mean he is not a MD...i am just curious before i jump in to any conclusions...It may be a foolish question to ask but nevertheless i ask....since there are so many patients of Dr. Feller here, would anhybody like to throw some light on it,,,I dont know if Bill can answer that question....

Hi Guys

I bumped into this excellent forum sometime back and then started researching some of the doctors. I have shortlisted some doctors and would be scheduling my consultations shortly. During my research, i observed that Dr. Allan Feller does not put a MD next to his name wheras all the other doctors put those letters. Does that mean he is not a MD...i am just curious before i jump in to any conclusions...It may be a foolish question to ask but nevertheless i ask....since there are so many patients of Dr. Feller here, would anhybody like to throw some light on it,,,I dont know if Bill can answer that question....

Dr. Feller is a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy)which provides the identical training as an MD.

DO vs. MD

If you are like most people, you probably don't know the difference between a medical doctor, MD, and an osteopathic doctor, DO.

DOs and MDs are alike in many ways:

Applicants to both DO and MD colleges typically have a four-year undergraduate degree with an emphasis on science courses.

Both DOs and MDs complete four years of basic medical education.

After medical school, both DOs and MDs can choose to practice in a specialty area of medicine"???such as psychiatry, surgery, obstetrics, or sports medicine"???after completing a residency program (typically two to six years of additional training).

Both DOs and MDs must pass comparable state licensing examinations.

DOs and MDs both practice in fully accredited and licensed hospitals and medical centers.

Both are medical doctors; MD is specifically Doctor of Medicine and DO is Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.

I trained in a DO hospital which had both MD and DO attending physicians.

My internist is a D.O. and my allergist is an MD.

• Administrators

KULMD,

Thank you for providing this community with clarification regarding MD and DO credentials. Many of the very best hair transplant surgeons in the world, such as Dr. Feller, are DOs. In my opinion, MD or DO makes no difference.

What really counts is that the surgeon has done the hard work of mastering state of the art hair transplant techniques and that they and their staff work hard to perform it on every patient.

Having worked with Dr. Feller online for years and visited and observed his surgery I can assure you that his technique and track record for excellence transcend his initial medical training.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thanks Kul Md and everybody else for the great feedback.

So if somebody has a "DO" qualification, arent they supposed to put it next to their name. because he doesent have that to his name either.

Hi Lara,

It's good that you are doing some thorough research. I too looked into this a while back and found the below useful.

Difference between DO v MD

Dr. Fellers work and great reputation online precedes him so perhaps he doesn't feel the need to use the D.O. letters. Also, I think his website is in a transitional period and presently being updated. I am sure it used to state that he was a D.O. on his website.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"