Point of reference I guess

pushing 40

So, I'm talking with my neighbor the other week; he's one of those clueless but harmless guys who can still be annoying sometimes. He was saying how he's taking a vacation in March and wanted to know if I'd watch his place. I had to let him know I'd be in VanCouver for a couple of days during that same time period. Of course he asked why. Well, it was initially hard for me to say why but ONLY because he wears one of the worst combovers I've ever seen. Seriously, its that bad. He asked about the costs and almost freaked when I said it might be around $15K. He thought I was crazy spending all that money on something like that. Well, today he came home with a brand new $47K Lexus. I guess it all depends on your point of reference right?

Oh by the way: I spoke with Joe and Chris today at H&W; my room is all reserved and ready at the hotel baby! Only a month and a half!! (and I'm freakin' out more each day)

So, I'm talking with my neighbor the other week; he's one of those clueless but harmless guys who can still be annoying sometimes. He was saying how he's taking a vacation in March and wanted to know if I'd watch his place. I had to let him know I'd be in VanCouver for a couple of days during that same time period. Of course he asked why. Well, it was initially hard for me to say why but ONLY because he wears one of the worst combovers I've ever seen. Seriously, its that bad. He asked about the costs and almost freaked when I said it might be around $15K. He thought I was crazy spending all that money on something like that. Well, today he came home with a brand new $47K Lexus. I guess it all depends on your point of reference right?

Oh by the way: I spoke with Joe and Chris today at H&W; my room is all reserved and ready at the hotel baby! Only a month and a half!! (and I'm freakin' out more each day)

pushing40,

You are right...point of reference...that's what it is. Personally, we spend the money on what we value...some value cars, some value hair icon_wink.gif. I could have gotten a new car, but my car's still in good shape...and I figure a lifetime investment in my self confidence seemed more worth it. Thankfully my wife supports me!

You will be in great hands at Hasson and Wong and it will be a fun time...well, as fun as surgery can be. Look at it as an adventure. The hotel is great....AWESOME restauraunt downstairs...my wife and I got to eat there the night before the surgery. Nice view over the lake and everything. Beautiful city. You'll get to see Joe's amazing transplant in person and talk with some amazing people. Additionally, you will be getting HAIR! Hope you are doing your scalp exercises daily.

Bill

Good story, Pushing! Isn't that the truth............it's just a matter of choice. Hope his Lexus isn't a convertible.............hate to see that combover standing up in the wind!

I'm psyched for you, my friend. Reminds me of my trip to Vancouver coming up on 1 year ago. Actually, Christina from H&W just called to check up on me to see if I have been satisfied with the HT and if it's coming in okay. They're a class act all the way around..........you're in good hands. Just relax, enjoy and dream of the sea of follicles that'll be showin' on your noggin' in the next several months!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Pushing,

I am very happy for you, cars come and go but your new hair will last a lifetime.

After you grow out, make sure you stop in your neighbors driveway and comb your hair in his lexus sideview mirror!! (While he is sitting in it)!! icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck, enjoy the ride!

NoBuzz

Too perfect NoBuzz! icon_biggrin.gif

You know it is funny how we put value in different things. I had the HT at 22 and even though it was old school technology it really improved density of hair and restored my confidence condsiderably. It is probably sad to admit, but I feel like that boost of confidence allowed me to achieve what I have in life. It is amazing what a subtle change can do. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Haha

Better than that.. Drive with him in HIS lexus and insist on opening the sunroof on the highway!!

I bet he never uses that..

Look, we all have spend a lot of money on our HT's but to this day, it's the best money I spent.. I feel damn good about myself now and a car can't do that ( well,maybe a little haha)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by nobuzz4me:

After you grow out, make sure you stop in your neighbors driveway and comb your hair in his lexus sideview mirror!! (While he is sitting in it)!! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif..................that's hilarious, Nobuzz.................you've just been promoted here on HTN to resident punster!! What an "icing on the cake" statement, my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.