botched, of course there is such a thing as a good ht surgeon and a bad one. my first ht doc, joseph karamikian, did my surgery in 2006 and the results were awful. he used mini/micro grafts which were spaced far apart. my 2nd ht was done just 1 year later with doctor feller. he used true follucular units and dense packed them. karamikian simply didn't have the skills to pull off a dense pack. he also had lesser skilled techs.

i'm not really sure why some people think hts are a simple surgery. it is an art form to recreate a hairline and to to give proper density.

regarding bosley's bad rep on this site: they may have some good docs, but it's a bit of a crapshoot who you are gonna end up with. i'd much rather go with a clinic where i know the surgeon and more importantly his work/reputation well.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by botchedinatl:

im sorry for coming off so angry but the whole hairtransplant thing has been a nightmare for me and i wish everyday that i had never done it. bosley has ruined my life and at this point i dont know what to do. the whole thing just seems hopeless and i dont want to live the rest of my life like this. i called the bosley office and spoke with the doctor[doctor lorenz] and also spoke with the used car salesman that does the consultations and they both said they didnt really know what to do . they said the results i got were normal. so here i am 2700 grafts and $13,000 dollars later and my life is in shambles. i just wish i could have these things removed .i was much happier before

Botched,

If you're in Atlanta you should go see Dr. Griffin to get a free consultation. I've seen some pics from posters on here who've had incredible repair work done with a low number of grafts.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by botchedinatl:

it seems everyones problem with bosley is from the early yrs . noone is buying this bullshit. bosley is no different from any of these other doctors on this site. they all do the same procedures and get the same results. this site bashes bosley because bosley doesnt pay this site to promote them.

I have to say. I got a better job and a cheaper job than Bosley. I think they would of been good, but I would have to travel and I never got to talk to a doc directly.

Botched,

We certainly understand that you are upset, but can't fully understand until we see some photos.

As I hope you can see, all of us are trying to help you, but in order to do that, we have to acquire a better understanding of where you are coming from.

Feel free to post some photos so we can see your results and why you are so upset with them. If you are concerned about showing your face, you can always crop them, or if you need help, send them to me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com, I'll block the face, and send them back to you for posting.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hairthere makes a great point that other posters allude to but don't quite hit.

I suspect that some of the Bosley docs are quite good. A huge potential difference is the technicians that us private guys employ. It takes years to get really good, reliable, and pleasant techs to help the doctor. And they aren't cheap!

I get one resume a week from chain operation techs asking for a job. They have many reasons to look for other work, but pay is indeed one of the big ones. Anytime you have a lot of turnover in techs, the patient will suffer.

So while I am not here to defend or attack the docs at chain organizations, no matter how good the doc is, if the tech is a newbie and doesn't really care because the tech doesn't get paid by the doctor; results will suffer.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

A LOT of us on this board know how you feel, because we too had bad HT experiences that casued us trauma in our lives. Unfortunately, I think it is an easier problem to correct by going FORWARD, because going backward is not really an option. That's what I mean when I say things like "I am a slave to the HT process". You can't really undo it. Just be DAMN sure that whatever corrective measures are taken are performed by a competent doctor, of which there are many, and they correct nightmare scenarios all the time. Best of luck - Stimpy