Dying Your Mop -- any cons

I'm considering; for the helluva it, and also for illusion purposes. But can dying your hair detract from the actual quality/thickness of your hairs, or is it simply the color that changes and all other components of your hair remain the same?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'm considering; for the helluva it, and also for illusion purposes. But can dying your hair detract from the actual quality/thickness of your hairs, or is it simply the color that changes and all other components of your hair remain the same?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanatopsis,

Ironically, I've recently been thinking about doing this too - maybe some blond highlights. I don't know that I'll actually do it though, at least not until I start going gray.

Many people color their hair on a regular basis and don't have any long term problems. Hair coloring won't cause or facilitate pattern baldness however, extensive coloring with intense treatments has been known to cause severe damage including breakage and even non-genetic hair loss. I've only ever seen hair loss result in extreme cases. Just be sure to research coloring treatments and use those that are less harsh on your hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

I use Just for Men every 6 weeks and never had a problem with anyhair that was grown. No one really knows if it affects changes in the hair cycle - sometimes I think it does; however I prefer to have my hair looking good.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Back in the mid 90's when there was a phase when lots of guys bleached their hair I tried that and I think if anything the hair ended up coarser. That was pre-MPB for me though!

I definitely agree that it would lessen contrast to light-coloured skin. Blond hair catches the eye more - most guys and girls probably know this instinctively but it has been scientifically proven that the eye recognises yellow colours more quickly. So people may give your hair a little more attention without even realising that they are doing it.

Hair to skin match always makes the hair seem a little thicker. Go with a shade that mimmicks/matches your skin/scalp color. Blonde highlights on someone with light skin gives the appearance of more hair and it helps camo the scalp because there is not a huge color contrast.

Jessica

HT Coordinator

Limmer HTC

Dr. Brad Limmer is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thana and Bill, you both have awesome hair and based on pics Ive seen, dont need to dye it to get a better appearance of density!

Regarding the cons of dyeing hair, I have read that long term use of stronger dyes can damage hair......since hair regrows, Ive never understood why thats a big deal, maybe for those who have longer hair......

Assuming you both keep your hair short, I dont see why you cant do it! Even if I think you dont need it, icon_smile.gif