FUE UK question

Hi,

Can I firstly just say it's a great relief to find such a welcoming and sympathetic community regarding hairloss.

I have done a lot of research in to FUE and think this is the best option for myself. I have a fairly limited budget of around ??5000 and I primarily want to have my front hairline/ temples restored to the way they used to be. I am 26 and have always lacked confidence in my appearance, have blond hair and have it short with a fringe at the front. There is an FUE clinic in my city which is very reasonably priced. I have heard bad things about the Norton clinic but hoped that things may have gotten better. Also how much is FUE with the Manchester clinic associated with Dr Farjo? MAny thanks for any replies!

Yes, stay away from NORTON. If you want a successful fue procedure you must travel out of U.K,Farjo i dont think do FUE.The best doctors are in Belgium for fue if you dont want to travel across the pond. The U.K is not the place to get a HT by the way,it is 10 years behind!!!. You should research for a long time before choosing where to go as the results you get will vary greatly depending on who does it.

HT 2006/7

Are you insane!

Haven`t you seen enough botched up work from the UK!

I am also 26 and was living in London when I decided to do an HT!

After carefull review I concluded the best hairlines were made by Dr. Rahal, Dr. Feller and Hasson and Wong!

Got overseas student quotes from all of them and decided on Dr. Rahal.

With plane ticket and hotel, It worked out 35% cheaper than going to Dr. Farjo, Devroye or any other European Doc!

My advice, do the same! I don`t think I even spent 5000??!

Dr Feller is considerd one of the best FUE docs in the world!!

andone,

Last I checked, Dr. Farjo no longer performs FUE however, you may want to ask them.

Whereas Portugal and T.C. insists that you can't get a quality hair transplant in the UK, there is plenty of solid evidence that there a few quality clinics rise to the top and are on par with leading clinics in the US and Canada. Among them are Dr. Farjo(s) of the UK, Dr. Feriduni of Belgium, Dr. Devroye of Belgium, and Dr. Kulahci of Turkey. All the doctors I've listed with the exception of Dr. Farjo(s) do FUE however, I have not seen any examples of their FUE work.

To see examples of their recent work and patient comments, view "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Cinics".

You can also see the highlights from Pat's visitation and observations of 3 of them in live surgery by clicking "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics".

The surgeons from the US and Canada others mentioned are also first-rate.

In my opinion, travel should not be the primary factor to consider when considering a hair transplant. But there is plenty of proof that one doesn't have to travel overseas to get a quality hair transplant.

Best wishes,

Bill

Andone,

As Bill has said many times along with Pat, you can obtain quality work in Europe and Portugal you need to re-check your figures as the exchange rate has been changing lately and it would prove more expensive to go to the states at this time.We are not an FUE clinic but you do have great options nearby.I have seen work from Dr Feriduni and Dr Devroye and it is as good as any i have seen and i have seen a lot of work first hand from doctor's worldwide.Both of these doctors along with Dr Bisangra offer FUE All of them are top class surgeons , who produce first rate results day in , day out.Send them your pictures,speak to their representitives and go over for the day to meet the doctor's themselves.Ask to meet some patients if possible at the same time and perhaps let the forum know how you get on as i believe you will not be disappointed.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Andone,

If you plan ahead you could get to Belgium for next to nothing.You could get a cheap flight from Manchester or go by Eurostar and be back in a day.Before you embark on surgery do your homework, it will pay dividends.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

hi andy great advice already given just to add please stay clear off fueclinics in birmingham as they have the same staff surgeons etc as the norton clinic beware

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

andone, as you say money is tight it might be worth waiting until the pound gets stronger as even against the euro it is well down and you will pay alot more.Dont rush in and leave yourself skint,timing is important.My choice of surgeon in europe for fue would be Bisanga as I have have seen many excellent results from his clinic posted on hlh.He will be on my list for my next procedure along with Feriduni.If the pound gets strong in future Feller would be my choice in states for sure.

HT 2006/7

I have to agree with Mick and Pat as I am not really informed on FUE because the only results I took the time to look at were from Dr. Feller.

Andone if the problem is affording then realize the pound is:

86% stronger than the Canadian Dollar

48% stronger than the USD

Only 18% stronger than the Euro!

USA and Canada Doctors offer a reduction on overseas patients!

Last Minute offers great deals London to New York!

Ask for an overseas patient quote from Dr. Feller and Shapiro Medical Group, add the flight plus 4 nights in a cheap hotel plus 40USD/day for expenses and you will see that it will come to the same as doing it locally but you get an assurance of unrivaled quality!

If you can find a top FUE Doctor in Canada then it really comes cheap and BA has specials to Canada!