I'm Going in Too

I've made up my mind and I have selected Dr. Epstein. I feel so confident about my selection. Not worried at all. I met some great Doctors.... Feller (whatta cool guy), Bernstein, Katz and also spent time with Gallagher and DiPistone. But I'm going with Epstein. In two weeks I get to join the ranks.

I would like to thank all of you for helping newbie's like me. Your wisdom, support and honesty has made this process so much easier especially knowing someone else has been down this road too.

I've made up my mind and I have selected Dr. Epstein. I feel so confident about my selection. Not worried at all. I met some great Doctors.... Feller (whatta cool guy), Bernstein, Katz and also spent time with Gallagher and DiPistone. But I'm going with Epstein. In two weeks I get to join the ranks.

I would like to thank all of you for helping newbie's like me. Your wisdom, support and honesty has made this process so much easier especially knowing someone else has been down this road too.

Guest Cousin_It

rjvw...

Glad you made the decision to go for it. Dr.Epstein is a fine surgeon, I am sure he will fulfill your needs. Looking forward to hearing about you experience with possibly some photos. Good Luck!

Congrats RJVW. Just so you know you aren't alone, I signed up for a procedure with Dr. Epstein month after next. I had narrowed it down to him, Shapiro, Alexander and Berstein. Decided on Epstein, not because of anything against any of the others (I know they are great) but just liked how he approached giving me feedback and walking me through how he works. Plus his results are well documented.

Really pumped but nervous like most it seems.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

rj-

Sounds like you were picking between excellent and excellent...........what a dilemma! icon_cool.gif

Doc Epstein does great work....be sure to post "blow by blow" pics if you can. Best of luck to you!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

It really should be noted that you have made a wise and educated decision. In my time following this site, I have seen a number of people that have posted here for info and feedback and then proceeded to go with a poor choice of doctor. You have done your homework and will be quite satisfied. It is fulfilling for those that do spend a lot of voluntary time trying to help in the education process. Best of luck. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Neptune, I'm on for Wed, 17th. I've booked my flight and hotel. And for you other newbies, please take the advise of the others, DO NOT make location you deciding factor. And to NervousNelly, yes it was like doing homework for me. It was easier buying houses and cars compared to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the day rjvw! I figure you won't see this for a couple of days, but be sure to report in and let us know how today's procedure went with Dr. Epstein. Hope it went well and can't wait to hear about your experience!

• 11 months later...

Hey Rjvw & neptune congrats on your pick for Dr. Epstein. I also have my 1st ht with him in a month. I will also keep my pics posted so everyone can see. Where are you guys staying for hotels? When I talked to Dr. Epstein he said that the hampton inn was good and mention his name and you get a discount. I am traveling down with my wife for a mini vacation from Boston and Roxy told to stay away from the beach area because the traffic is terrible to get over to his office in the morning for the ht. I wanna stay at the beach,but just have not made a decision on where to stay. Hotwire has great deals if you book like a day before your trip!! GREAT PRICES ON 4 STAR HOTELS... CONGRATS MEN AND i LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PICS

Originally posted by djdennis:

Hey Rjvw & neptune congrats on your pick for Dr. Epstein. I also have my 1st ht with him in a month. I will also keep my pics posted so everyone can see. Where are you guys staying for hotels? When I talked to Dr. Epstein he said that the hampton inn was good and mention his name and you get a discount. I am traveling down with my wife for a mini vacation from Boston and Roxy told to stay away from the beach area because the traffic is terrible to get over to his office in the morning for the ht. I wanna stay at the beach,but just have not made a decision on where to stay. Hotwire has great deals if you book like a day before your trip!! GREAT PRICES ON 4 STAR HOTELS... CONGRATS MEN AND i LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PICS

Dennis,

Check the dates on the posts above...they are a year old.

The great news is both of these guys have had excellent results with Dr.epstein.

I've talked with one of the guys personally...he's loving life.

I had my HT with Dr.Epstein 5 weeks ago.

All went perfectly.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn....it's five min. away.

You're doing a mini-vacation thing.

My trip down there was all about the HT.

I got down there a day earlier and high-tailed it back home the following night.

You're going to have a great experience with Dr.Epstein and his staff.

My job went perfectly.

Just my opinion...you're going to wanna go home when it's over.

I've heard of guys hanging out after surgery and doing the vacation thing....go home and rest.

You should be a little sore for about four days..the pain killers are a good thing.

Talk to Roxy...she's a big help.

The traffic sucks down there.

The last thing you want to be worrying about is morning traffic....trust me.

I left the Hampton Inn and was at Epsteins office in 4 minutes.

Just my two cents.

You're in top notch hands.

Good luck,

More-hair

Guest wanthairs

dj...

dont stay at the beach until after the op is done.....I stayed at the hotel he recommended and it is very very close to his office and that is where you need to be during the procedure..after your all done then go hang out at the beach..........