Steroids early on....bad move I know

ohgodwhyme

Hey guys...try not to give me too much crap, I know I made a mistake. Im 19 years old and I used steroids around the age of 16-17 during high school football. Trust me I know it was real dumb.

Anyway...lately I noticed some diffuse thinning going on and a receding hairline, duhhhh I should have seen this one coming.

I just got prescribed propecia, well actually 2 months ago ive been on it about 2 months. I have also been using minox foam in the day and liquid at nite for appearance reasons. I use nizoral shampoo 3x a week. I was wondering...am I better or worse off then most people since my hairloss has been kickstarted from steroids? What this question means is that since I chemically started this whole mess, would propecia be more effective on me then others who just naturally began going bald? After all, I am very young and I still have a lot of hair left. I'm the only one who really notices the thinning it hasn't gotten too bad.

What do you say guys...is there hope for me?

You have caught the beast extremely early it seems; and, in conjunction w/ the best treatments which you are already on, you definitely have hope and are in prime position to respond well. Nonetheless, MPB is erratic, so it's impossible to really say for sure where you will be in 2 years, let alone where you will be in 20.

I'm not sure if you are better or worse off re: roids and how that might effect propecia's efficacy; my guess, however, would be that it is a wash. But again, between catching it so early, being on the best treatments so soon, and having age on your side w/ regard to future treatments, I would be hopefully if I were you.

Keep up with the treatments, and don't stress over it.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Doing the roids was your choice - no one has the right to bag you about it, chill.

As thanatopsis said, just continue the treatment, and you will see if there is hope or not.

Thats my outlook on it - I saw thinning, stressed, stressed, stressed ... and well, now I am on propecia, and it wil either work or it wont. At least I know I gave it a shot. I would be devestated to know that I could of stopped it, but I didnt ..... but if I go bald regardless of treatment I use, well ... it was meant to be, and I gave it my best.

And dont give up on the football and training.

If you do go bald and cant help it, just pump the roids again for a month or two, and become MASSIVE and then no one will look at your head icon_smile.gif

btw I am not encouraging drug use, just stirring a bit - good luck dude icon_smile.gif

Roids are only going to accelerate the process a bit while you are on them. If you lose hair because of "roids" then you would get it back whn you stopped. Plenty of people on steroids with full haeds of hair ( look at the magazines)

You are doing the right things

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

huh, I've never seen a post on this.

Does anyone else wonder why in all the muscle mags the guys who are obviously roided out still have full heads of hair? What, they were all just never going to lose their hair? I mean after all that juice their shooting up their butt you would think that even if they were not genetically predispositioned to baldness, they would still have the hair of a 90 year old man. No?

I really doubt their all wearing wigs.I don't get it...

Thanks for the responses, anything more is also appreciated. By the way, notgoing2gobald, its because youre either prone to MPB or youre not. If youre not...then all the steroids in the world will not have an effect on your hair. If you are...god bless.

ohgodwhyme,

Welcome to our discussion forum.

You have already been given some excellent advice from many of our veteran forum members.

Getting on a Propecia/Rogaine combination would be the best best of combating future hair loss and regrowing hair. When these two hair loss drugs are used together, they have a synergistic effect - working better in combination than either one as a stand alone.

In my opinion (short of any side effects), it is best to give these two treatments at least 1 year before you can make any determination as to whether they are working for you.

I encourage you also to take monthly/quarterly pictures (in similar lighting, style, and angle) and compare them with one another to see how the medication is working.

Feel free also to create a photo album to chart your progress and share them with us.

Best wishes,

Bill

if your genetically predisposed to MPB, steroids will accelerate the process; if you are not predisposed, aka Jay Cutler, you can pound all the anabolics you want and it probably will not cause hariloss

I have to imagine most of the pros are on a 5AR inhibitor ala finasteride or dutasteride.

Very few of them are really balding and they are pounding juice, and things that are probably way more androgenic than test.

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo