Can transplanted Hair be styled any way I want?

I was wondering if once you transplant hair into your hairline can you style it any way you want. Like forward, slicked back, spiked. Basically, is does it handle like regular hair? Does any of this depend on how the doctor transplant the new hair? Will it feel diffrent then the non tranplanted hair around it?

Thanks

let all work together

Research makes perfect

I was wondering if once you transplant hair into your hairline can you style it any way you want. Like forward, slicked back, spiked. Basically, is does it handle like regular hair? Does any of this depend on how the doctor transplant the new hair? Will it feel diffrent then the non tranplanted hair around it?

Thanks

let all work together

Research makes perfect

Well, my first reaction is that they MUST be true microscopically-dissected Follicular Unit grafts (no excess tissue like Minigrafts have).

When there is excess tissue, your grafts can look pluggy, and there can be problems with pitting (divots) and cobblestones (divots). If you have these problems, you will have to style your hair to conceal your transplant, not "any way you want".

Do you understand the difference between Minigrafts and FU grafts?

There are other issues. Hair transplants do not restore a full head of hair. So don't expect "rock star hair" when you are done. Depending on your individual situation, it is more realistic to expect an "illusion of hair" or "have a little something to comb up there" when you are finished. In many cases, guys have to be satisfied with a very light coverage of grafts in the crown (or sometimes a bare crown aka bald spot).

Don't expect a full mop of glorious hair from a hair transplant. If you do, it means that you really don't know what hair transplants are, and what they can and cannot do. It's more realistic to expect that in the end, you will still look like you've lost some hair, but also managed to save some hair too.

Yes, the hair "handles" like regular hair, but what I am telling you is that you can't expect the same density from a transplant as your original hair had.

So I guess the answer is you probably can't style it ANY way you might want to. Combed back is actually very common. Spiky, hmm probably not. I have seen it a couple times, be aware it looks very thin that way. Most guys pick a style where the transplanted hair will lay flat, because it covers the balding area that way.

depends on the density. Higher density gives you more styling options.

Well, style your hair how you want -- but nobody thinks a combover looks good, for example.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I know all about F.U. been educated thanks to this site. It just that I wondered if the transplanted hair would behave any diffrently then the non trasnplanted hair around it. Seems like it would not. Meaning its just like regular hair just less of it, correct?

I have been able to work mircles with my hair and pro-thik so as long as i get my hairline restored I can deal with it.

Is density of 30 f.u enough, I have medium thick hair, dark and wavey.

let all work together

Research makes perfect

Given the density is high enough you can style your hair anyway you please.

Last year I tried to show that you can have different hair styles or at least that the hair does not have to lay a certain way. Some of the links to the larger pics are screwy but overall you'll get the idea. Note, on this page I do not pretend to be able to pull these styles off with any sort of suave finnese as my hair simply was not long enough nor did I have enough. It's simply an illustration that the hair does what you want it to. Also, the hair is not "trained" to do the different styles.

Hairstyles after an FU transplant.

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic,

Your pics and commentary are enlightening. You're right - there isn't enough density to pull off every style. BUT they all look natural.

It was great to see the "bed head" look - proves that you don't have to spend hours styling your transplant to make it work.

As has been stated, side-parts and comb-backs provide a fuller look because of the layering, or shingle effect.