very dry hair - help me

Hi im new and I need help!

Ive been using proscar for almost 2 month and Nizoral 2% one a week. I also use Nioxin level "1" shampoo and conditioner.

My hair/scalp is still very very dry after using these products. Well my hair has been dry all my life!!! Ive tried alot of products but i find that they dont work. OR maybe cause im not using them right.

Is there a really good conditioner for my type of dry hair and scalp? Or is there a kind of after-product that i can use... like a cream or somthing?

Will the other Nioxin level "2" or "3" be better for me instead of level "1"?

Everytime i shower i use the Nioxin shampoo and conditioner. How often should i use the conditioner? Maybe im using to much very time i shower? Should i jst use the shampoo then conditioner like once a week?

What can i do for my dry ass hair?!?

bootckyking,

how often do you use Nizoral? Nizoral shampoo can dry out the hair and scalp when using it more than 2 times a week. Nioxin never dried out my hair when using it.

However, my advice would be to stop or reduce use of these shampoos for a week or two and see if your scalp and hair go back to normal.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

bootckyking,

how often do you use Nizoral? Nizoral shampoo can dry out the hair and scalp when using it more than 2 times a week. Nioxin never dried out my hair when using it.

However, my advice would be to stop or reduce use of these shampoos for a week or two and see if your scalp and hair go back to normal.

Best wishes,

Bill

I jst started to cut back the nizoral 2% to once a week now. However, i still use both Nioxin level "1" shampoo and conditioner 3 times a week.

Can i use a my nioxin conditioner after i use the Nizoral?

-

Yes, you can use your Nioxin conditioner after using Nizoral.

However, if this doesn't help eliminate your hair and scalp dryness, I'd consider stopping all of them for a week or two and use regular shampoo and conditioner to see if your condition improves. It's all about finding the source that is causing the dryness and then minimizing or eliminating it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Yes, you can use your Nioxin conditioner after using Nizoral.

However, if this doesn't help eliminate your hair and scalp dryness, I'd consider stopping all of them for a week or two and use regular shampoo and conditioner to see if your condition improves. It's all about finding the source that is causing the dryness and then minimizing or eliminating it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Im going to try that and see wa happens. However... like i said from before ive always had dry hair. I was born with it and been stuck with it all my life.

I'd like to deal with it and i think Nioxin conditioner and shampon kinda help out.

Is there anything that i can appply or cream or somthing that will jst fix my issue?

-

• 3 months later...

it might also depend on the water you use.

I had no problems at one complex, but when I moved I started to get a very dry scalp, but whenever I flew home to NY (I Live in CA) I had no problems

but some home remedies might help

a solution of lemon/lime juice and warm water works

you could sub with apple cider vin if you want

but I also get a mixture off egg rosemary and garlic and let that sit in my hair for 10-15 min before I shower, and it has imporved my dandruff situation by 90%

maybe it was the revita, so now I stopped using it so much

I went from using it 5 days a week to maybe twice

I also switch up my shampoos daily

Aussie makes a new shampoo that is a miracle for this dilema and it's cheap too!! It's called cleanse and mend. You can get it anywhere. But, i tried the conditioner that goes with it and it sucks and made my hair feel a little waxy. So stick with a good conditioner you like.

I am spam

Originally posted by fhsmith:

Boot:

Try the Super Hair Energizer shampoo. Just follow the link below.

http://www.hairlosswatch.com/super_hair_energizer.htm

I, as you, had very dry blond hair. Within a few applications, my dryness problem disappeared. The cost of the product is very reasonable.

Best of luck.

fhsmith

fhsmith,

I looked at your weblog and you definitely look better, even though the pics look like my skill level as they are pretty blurry.

I too had a 300 graft transplant with Dr. Shory of Latham's Hair Clinic back in 1991. I must admit though it seems like I had it done in 1881 compared to the recent procedure I had. Also, I had a lot of swelling and pain after the procedure.

But, I'm glad you're happy and maybe Dr. Shory's practice has evolved. But, I noticed you had up to 6 hair grafts implanted; which is generally unheard of nowadays.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by HK500:

A good medicated shampoo I have been using is Revita, very high quality, my hair is also naturally dry and Revita makes it look the best of all the products I have used in the past, plus it helps slow down the hair loss.

Im going to look into Revita... Can i use it as a replacement conditioner? OR use it a few times a week?

Im also thinkinng of starting on the rogaine foam. Will it increase my dryness of the scalp?

-