inal bit of confusion

hey, i am getting warmer as to planning a HT. I have been taking Proscar for about 6months now. 1/4 tab per day.

and as to surgery I am planning to head to New York in March (& swaying toward Dr. True who suggest a 4000 graft treatment @ around $14,000)

i guess my question is about DHI... if there is "no touch technique" without stitches or scars! why shouldn't this be a good option for a first attempt at hair restoration???

i've just been reading www.dhiglobal.ie

no scars? and they use hairs from armpit or chest! so what is there to lose??

i am a wee bit confused about this!

i gather strip is cheaper and will give you a higher yield.

Someone also wrote "Forget DHI completely unless you want to end up locking yourself ina closet crying your eyes out and thinking of suicide after a horrible result..."

i couldn't find much on successful DHI in my research.

it's just the scar issue i am concerned about as i might want to shave my head down (1cm maybe)

cheers (*if anyone has any comments or can understand my nonsense)

Body hair Transplant is still not an absolute option. When people advertise no scar , etc. that is a warning sign in my mind.. There is always scarring even with FUE or BHT just smaller ones. Again BHT is not proven so I would not do it if it was me

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hungry,glad to hear your still considering a ht,(did you contact the farjo clinic?)anyway from what i hear dr true is first class so if you go with him you should get a great result.what i chimed in for is hair at 1 cm should be plenty long enough to cover a properly trichoed scar,so if this is as short as you are going you should be ok.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

HungryHoss,

Dr. True is a first-rate hair transplant surgeon and you would be in the best of hands with him.

Any surgery requires penetration of the skin and any penetration of the skin will leave a scar, even if it is minimal and hardly seen.

I encourage you to use the "find" feature our our community and search for "DHI" to see what their patients have been saying.

In addition, our members are correct. Body Hair Transplants (BHT) have not proven to be consistent yet. In my opinion, I would only consider BHT as an option once all scalp donor hair has been used.

Best luck on your continued research.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

thanks lads. this site is great, and i have 'NGTGB' asking all the questions that i hadn't even thought of.

well i figured body hair transplants and no scarring too hard to believe. Wouldn't the hairs of your chest, say, be of different make-up than those of your head...more pube-like? and also only have a certain growth length beore they stop?

Balody: yeah man i am still considering a ht!!! basically thats all i've been doing, saving, looking at sites, planning etc.

I am going to South America for a year in March.(after the ht)

I will shave my head for the surgery.

was just wondering about the scar at the back. my hair seems the same as yours .. have you any recent pictures of the 2nd scar???

maybe in about 2months, with the sun, should help hide the evidence? (not that i or anyone will care in Colombia)

p.s cheers Bill for the assurances on Dr. True

hi hungryhoss

the guys have given you good advice and quite a few drs will do fue if you are suitable.

in my opinion stay well clear of dhi as i had a poor ht with them.

cheers

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

hi hh,i posted pictures of my head shaved showing my scar post op 1 mnth,this was 2 weeks ago.have you seen these?(they,re on my album or blog)i was going to wait till month 2 before taking anymore.

yeah i know what you mean about the sun,a brown shaved head looks so much better than a pasty white one,but wether it would help disguise the scar at such an early stage not to sure.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

• 4 weeks later...

ah balody man, i see you have 2month post op pics of your scar up the now!! these are exactly what I wanted to see. man it's looking good. you can barely see the scar.

i guess it's the scar that's the main worry for me.

I have read posts of people getting FUE done on the scar later on...... this sounds appealing to me too... would you get that done?

I cannot seem to find any good reports on DHI.

>Chucky, do you have a weblog or photos of your poor ht?

& when you say "quite a few drs will do fue if you are suitable", does that mean that i can get a good fue (just not dhi) with a good coalition doctor?

sorry if i sound stupid but i'm still not sure, if FUE or a strip ht is for me.

i should be booking my surgery within the week as they require 6weeks advance of the date, & just want to clear up some remaining concerns.

thanks again

hi again hh,i would only consider fue into the scar if i had a bad one ie stretched,uneven because i like to wear my hair short in the summer.my first scar was good,and this one looks to be the same if not better(touch wood).

i dont mind my scar being visible as long as its nice and thin and as long as theres not a gap in the hair ill be happy.its looking to go that way as im at 9 weeks now,i dont know at what point your "safe" from stretching,cant remember what a dumbell looks like icon_smile.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

Hoss,

I had 3 HT's with Dr. True and am VERY happy with the results!!! With new closure techniques the scar is very thin and cannot be detected above a guard 2 or so .. FUE is an option though but more money.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mrjb,

Do you have any pics? I'm currently considering Dr. True for HT.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

thanks lads.

Mrjb, yeah do you have a weblog or photos cos I have booked surgery with Dr. True in NY for 13th of March.

have paid a $2500 deposit now

... and have to get tested for HIV, Hepatitis B & C & a basic metabolic profile!! is this done by everybody? Have never done a HIV test before and am a wee bit worried. man!

also. how long before I can workout again after surgery? (9 weeks is a lot man)

thanks again for all your advice

Hi guys

I dont have any pics to share for the most part although I have shown some to Bill, Janna, and NG2GB. You can have them attest to the superior results. Dr. True is a great doc as well as a nice human being.. I wouldnt have gone to him 3 times if he wasnt..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Re: exercise. I started light exercise 15 days post-op. Very light exercise; basically, just getting my body parts moving with a little resistance, breaking a sweat, and paying particular attention to any tightness in my donor. I am now about 4 weeks post-op, and I've started more rigorous exercise and my donor feels great. I'm being rather aggressive in my approach, but I'm well aware of the circumstance and it is a judgement call that I'm making -- plus, I am still being cognizent of my donor, and staying away from running and neck exercises where I do feel "awkwardness".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by HungryHoss:

thanks lads.

... and have to get tested for HIV, Hepatitis B & C & a basic metabolic profile!! is this done by everybody? Have never done a HIV test before and am a wee bit worried. man!

also. how long before I can workout again after surgery? (9 weeks is a lot man)

thanks again for all your advice

Some clinics require blood tests and some do not, it's an individual clinic's choice to test patients before surgery.

As far as post op exercise goes, Thana is a model patient. I would model after his routine.