Oh what a feeling. -->>

It hit me today during a meeting with someone in my very well lit office. I often have noticed people glancing up at my 'unusual' hairline, which was actually four hair plugs.

But today, I had it in the front of my mind and tried to see if this person ever looked up at my hairline and she didn't. It was a nice looking, very alert younger woman; but that's not my point. This was the type person who, in the past, would've surely looked at my hairline while we talked.

For the first time in a long time I felt this easiness and comfortable feeling of not worrying about that kind of sh*t anymore. And you know, I found myself thinking more clearly, making more sense, etc., for not obsessing over someone recognizing my old plugs.

One small step for sure, but it's a pretty liberating feeling....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

That's great. I never really liked people looking up at my hairline when I was thinning. Interestingly though, I do have some people occasionally looking at my hairline, but only those that knew me before the hair transplant. It's like they are trying to figure out why I have more hair but can't figure it out. icon_smile.gif

Bill

Hey Dewayne

Good for you, man. Good for you. I've always heard and read that the best transplants are the ones you can't TELL are transplants. As the "eye drifters" go, the ones that sit there and stare...noticing something different, looking for some kind of flaw or something that just looks unnatural or something not quite right. And I think we all know, all TOO well, what it feels like to constantly obsess over how we look, while we're still bald, or the ones getting used to having a transplant, and just being overly conscious of people staring, to see if they can call you out and say "Ha! I can tell that's a transplant!" I know a guy that wears a hair system, and he does look better, but he's miserable and just as overly conscious about it as he was before he got it. Because he says he'll meet people, and while talking to them, his eyes are planted on their eyes, which are looking up at his hair, maybe trying to figure out "what's wrong with this picture?" He's kind of mad at himself for jumping the gun and going with a hair system, as he says he's spent more money on it than he ever thought, and hasn't gotten the real relief and confidence he thought he would.

Dewayne, I look forward to one day, being able to go out into public, or having a one on one meeting with someone, without wearing a hat, and them not even really looking twice at my head...but more my eyes and the real topic being discussed. And a bald head being the problem and the thing to obsess over...if the problem is eliminated, then there's nothing to obsess over...leaving your train of thought open to so many other things. That's what I long for. And happy you're getting that feeling and satisfaction from it. I'm happy for ya.

DeWayne,

It may sound like a small step, but I cannot wait to reach the feeling you described. I'm so obsessed with people standing behind me or just talking to me from the side. I'm always wondering if they're looking at my dermatch covered crown and wondering if it's unnatural looking.

I can't wait to hopefully get all that out of the way and just talk to people and take that whole horrible element out of every conversation. I think it will be a huge relief and it is one of the many reasons that I went through with my HT this past Friday icon_smile.gif