2500 graft with Dr. Cooley on January 13

ifloss

I've finally decided to do it. I miss my hair. I never thought it would bother me and ignored the hair loss. The last 15 years is a blur and I feel like I've just realized I'm bald. I bathe my 2 year olds (triplets) every night and am amazed how thick their hair is. It really made me miss the hair hairdressers used to love to run their fingers through. I posted pictures in the photo album section and would love input if my goals are realistic.

Photo Album

Michael

HT 1-13-06 Dr. Cooley 2600 grafts

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Photo Album

ifloss,

I am new to this site and HT overall but I too am going with Dr. Cooley in January for 3,000. Based on your pictures, we're very similar in our loss. With this first session, I will only recover from my hairline to my ears - leaving the crown as is (bald).

It would require a second session to recover the crown area. As I have stated in other posts, I have not decided if I will ever do a second session. With the amount of loss we share in common, the 2,500 you're getting will not cover the entire loss area with a density amount that would satisfy you.

I am quite sure you be happy with Dr. Cooley's performance - based on my experience to date and comments on this site. Please don't be discouraged by my comments on the amount of coverage; most men with our shared loss end up with two procedures - assuming the donor area can handle it.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Mike

3,200 on 1/4/06 Dr. Cooley

iFloss, I think you will get great results from Dr. Cooley. Your expectations are reasonable (you know there is no way to fully restore your crown). You should be able to get pretty good frontal coverage and at least have something to comb back. Then when you get really old, your triplets can take turns washing your hair!

• 2 years later...

Thanks for sharing your results after 2.5 years. It will help a great deal for those of us contemplating HT.

Lots of people leave the forum a few months after the hair transplant and we don't hear from them again.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Originally posted by cottonnc:

so what does cooley charge ?

cotton:

His website says $3 - $5, depending on size. But, mine personally was $9k for 2500 grafts. That's prepaying with certified funds though. Otherwise, it would have been $10k.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week