Virginia Surgical (Northern Va.)

Bangito

I just had a consultation at Virginia Surgical (I don't have the papers with me and I dont remember my consultant and doctors name), but they definitely talk a good game. I'm 25, been losing my hair since about 20 and still have a lot of hair on my head. They told me they would bring my hairline down a bit and fill in the front of it (about 1,000-1,200 grafts). Their price is $3 per graft, which is the best price around, but that is why I am skeptical. Their office looked a little shady, and I was hounded by them after making my initial inquiry (moreso than MHR, etc.). Does anyone know anything about them?

I just had a consultation at Virginia Surgical (I don't have the papers with me and I dont remember my consultant and doctors name), but they definitely talk a good game. I'm 25, been losing my hair since about 20 and still have a lot of hair on my head. They told me they would bring my hairline down a bit and fill in the front of it (about 1,000-1,200 grafts). Their price is $3 per graft, which is the best price around, but that is why I am skeptical. Their office looked a little shady, and I was hounded by them after making my initial inquiry (moreso than MHR, etc.). Does anyone know anything about them?

There's a place in Southern California where you can get it done for $0.67 per graft....

However, some things in life you get what you pay for and this is at the top of the list. Why don't you call Dr. Lindsey in Reston, Virginia. He's posted many before / afters on here and comes highly recommended by one of the top hair transplant surgeons in the world.

It might be $4 per graft, but at least you'll look good for the rest of your life.

Take it from me; it won't seem like long before you'll be 40 and you don't want to look like some goofball with an obvious hair transplant for a hairline.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Sounds horrible....and if it is run by Gianatto you shouldn't take the op if you were getting paid $3 a graft. Anyways, that they are hounding you is a HORRIBLE sign....and more than MHR, which is a complete hairmill with zero standards, bodes even weaker.

Check out Lindsey -- he is in N. VA...Reston, I believe. Also look into Dr. Vogel in Maryland. At the very least get consults by them, and they will give you the legit lowdown on your situation and what your options are -- and you won't be hounded to oblige, and at the very least will really know where you stand.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Bangito,

In Virginia, I would consider consulting with Dr. William Lindsey who has just recently been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. See the thread regarding his recent recommendation by clicking here.

Dr. Vogel of Maryland has a strong reputation for producing consistent results and is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. See our high level of Coalition membership standards here. Each Coalition physician has been personally visited and reviewed by our online community Publisher, Pat Hennessey. To see Pat's visitation and detailed review of Dr. Vogel, click here.

I hope this helps.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...