when to use nizoral

Shoot an email to your physician and make sure. I was using Nizoral 2% at one month post-op and had no complications. Be sure to leave it in for 5 minutes and follow it with a good conditioner.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Nizoral is not a daily shampoo though. The directions say it should be used every 3-4 days for up to 8 weeks or as drected by a doctor. Then use only as needed to control dandruff...

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

• 1 year later...

Hi Bill,

This thread has been at rest for a while, but just thought I throw in a note on the subject.

The directions on the package state "Do not use: On scalp that is broken or inflamed" which is the exact scalp condition for up to a few weeks after a HT.

If the package states it, I'll take their word for it and hold off until around a month or so post-op. Currently 17 days post-op.

mtg

Originally posted by baldcasanova:

Nizoral is not a daily shampoo though. The directions say it should be used every 3-4 days for up to 8 weeks or as drected by a doctor. Then use only as needed to control dandruff...

Hi

I used Nizoral 1 month post op but kept it off of my donor area as there was still a thin healing scab.. Not sure what a doc would say but it seems common sense to me and keeps in line with the directions..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...