Questions about Dr. Cooley

steve3641

Thanks, Billo. I'm doing good. How bout you? Darn good lookin' hair man. I seemed to have forgotten what a wonderful hairline you had. I decided to browse the site since I haven't in a good while. I visited with Dr. Cooley a couple weeks ago. He was impressed and told me the latest developments since my procedure in '04. I would really really like a touch up of about 1500 to fill in my hairline a bit more (i'd LOVE to have my hairline look like yours.) Dr. Cooley is indeed the man to do it. I just got married a year ago so money is an issue now.

Brando,

Well it's good to see you back old friend...well...not OLD icon_razz.gif.

Trust me man, we all want more hair. In most lights, my hair looks great, but as you can see from overhead, I could certainly use more density. But not bad for an old baldy like me who'd be a full norwood 6 without hair transplant surgery.

I've been impressed with Dr. Cooley's work for years. So he's certainly a great choice if you're going to get back in the chair.

I hope you stick around for awhile and share your acquired expertise and experiences. icon_smile.gif

Bill

Originally posted by steve3641:

I am considering having a procedure with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte,NC and would like to hear about some patients experiences and results?

Steve,

I'm seven months out and pretty dang happy. I wish I would've / could've sprung for about 1,000 more grafts for my crown, but maybe in a year or so.

But, my experience with Dr. Cooley was exceptional, and my results so far look very, very natural. I'd doubt anyone would know I've had a transplant, and that was my #1 goal after walking around for 15 years with a pluggy look about my hairline and crown.

I found the whole experience pleasant, and those folks are all business and Dr. Cooley himself seems quite the perfectionist. The pain was non-existent compared to the trauma of the 300 (or less) plugs I had in 1991. I was sleeping upright and hurting, swollen for three nights back then.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Steve,

I've had HT with Dr. Cooley 4 months back and had a very good experience. I did an online consultation and was able to fix an appt within a month timeframe. Their clinic arranges for hotel accomodation and transportation at no cost to you. In addition to the good quality surgery, their price/graft is lower than most surgeons. Its a bit too early for me to expect complete results. Till now the status of my hair growth has been faster than expected. He gives some oxygen treatment to your hair the day after surgery to hasten healing. The whole surgery was mostly painless.

Steve, you can search under Brando and read my experience. However, Dr. Cooley told me that since my procedure in 2004, he's changed the way he "sews" up the donor area. My scar is noticable if I get a haircut with a number 2 guard. You can tell that no hair grows on the scar. Dr. Cooley told me that now he somehow pulls hair over the scar so it's less likely to notice. He told me if I have another procedure, he can actually make the scar look better rather than worse with the 2nd procedure. Dr. Cooley's clinic has a great atmosphere and if you have an experience like mine, you'll be very happy. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Originally posted by Brando:

Steve, you can search under Brando and read my experience. However, Dr. Cooley told me that since my procedure in 2004, he's changed the way he "sews" up the donor area. My scar is noticable if I get a haircut with a number 2 guard. You can tell that no hair grows on the scar. Dr. Cooley told me that now he somehow pulls hair over the scar so it's less likely to notice. He told me if I have another procedure, he can actually make the scar look better rather than worse with the 2nd procedure. Dr. Cooley's clinic has a great atmosphere and if you have an experience like mine, you'll be very happy. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Yea, alot of the top clinics changed to the Tricho closure, which is what Dr. Cooley did on my 'scar'. And, I can tell you it's undetectable. I don't shave my head, but when I run a comb up my head in the back it can't be seen.

latinolus:

I'll try and post some pics this weekend. As smart as I am, for some reason that process of taking pictures and posting them on here is not one of my best traits..... icon_biggrin.gif

Must be my general buzyness / laziness.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Steve, I'm another happy Dr. Cooley patient. I am only one month out, so I am nowhere near seeing any results. What I can share is the excellent care that I received. I've actually communicated more with Dr. Cooley after the procedure than before. His after care is truly excellent.

I had a large session of almost 4,700 grafts. I felt very comfortable that decisions about hairline and total grafts were made by me with guidance from Dr. Cooley and his team. He is very patient regarding these big decisions. We looked at and discussed a number of options before decisions were made. I felt very good that I wasn't being pushed hard on such important choices. When you are dealing with such personal decisions, your ability to be on the same wavelength with the doctor is real important. I'm happy to answer any specific questions I can regarding my experience.

Good Luck,

Carl

4,686 grafts = 9,905 hairs with Dr. Cooley 9/24/08

My Hair Loss WebLog