Post Opt question

hey fisherman

I used to use minoxidil before i had my transplant , after a bit of time it started to make my scalp a little sore , so maybe it may not be a good idear to start using it on your sensertive recipient area .

I never used it again and havn't used it since my own ht with Dr Feller in november and I'm right were i should be in terms of growth for 6 months .

please check out my blog

hope that helps bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I'm using it and I'm at 5 weeks. My growth has been phenomenal!! Just kidding. I've got the damn doldrums, blues or whatever. It seems since nearly all indications that I had a transplant have disappeared (pinkness, soreness in donor, etc.), I've gotten the blues.

Anyway, I've read several post on here that it does indeed help, so we'll see.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

The question I have is; how long does one continue usinfg Rogaine post op? I started three weeks after surgey and have continued twice a day foam for over 4 months. I have been contemplating switching to once a day treatment.

Everything has been going extremely well so I am a bit reluctant to stop at this time.

Originally posted by KulMD:

The question I have is; how long does one continue usinfg Rogaine post op? I started three weeks after surgey and have continued twice a day foam for over 4 months. I have been contemplating switching to once a day treatment.

Everything has been going extremely well so I am a bit reluctant to stop at this time.

I'd do it forever, or at least a year. I just got on the foam and it is prescribed for twice per day.

That Rogaine has come a long way too. In college (1988) I got a script for it for $75 per month. And that was quite a payment back then. I think it was working too, but I stopped it soon after graduation / breakup with girlfriend.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I never used it post op ( or regularly) because even if it does speed it up marginally, any benefits you gain will be lost when you stop using it ..

It is not going to make that big of a difference in the scope of things unless you continue use from there forward

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I've read that it helps speed blood circulation to the area which is why you can/should use it on the hairline. i used it post ht #1 and did see faster growth with that ht, although i have no idea if the minox had anything to do with it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com