Question regarding the 6 month mark

Hi Mrkneed,

We usually tell patients that they can expect most of the hairs to have emerged by around 8-9 months, but that the hair gets thicker in caliber for up to a year. However, Dr. Keene and other doctors have noted that at times it can take slightly longer than a year for the hair to reach full growth/maturity in the crown. We have seen further growth in the crown even after the 1 year mark.

We know that waiting after the surgery for the full growth is the toughest part of the surgery. How long did it take after your first surgery with a different doctor? That may give you some guidance.

Of course, it helps to hear about other people's experiences as well, but I also just wanted to reassure you that it is typical for growth to occur for up to a year, and sometimes longer in the crown.

I am a medical assistant and hair transplant surgical assistant employed by Dr. Keene

Dr. Keene is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I know how you feel. I'm also at the 6 month mark (surgery December 17th, 2008)...Hair is growing but for now there's not a huge difference from before...Dr Rahal told me to be patient because it could take up to a year..

We just have to be patient. Hang in there!

I'm in the same situation of Both of you. I'm 6 months out of my HT (surgery December 11th, 2008)

and see some grow but, it's kinda immobile now.

Let's wait to see what happens!

I'm nearly at the 6 month mark as well. It looks like most, if not all, of the hairline hairs have sprouted and are about 2 inches or so long...they go back about 3.4 of an inch or so. Behind the hairline, the hairs are playing catch up. For those of you 1+ year post-op, did any of you experience the same growth pattern...hairline in first and slowly filling in towards the back later?

LOL, it herbs man, just smoke it.

Originally posted by x_factor:

that has happened to me too but I have managed to get rid of it in the end..

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

What everyone needs to remember is at the 6 month mark you have "some" growth but the hairs are generally quite coarse as well which really doesn't give the result justice.

After a year you will understand. Hang in there and hold all judgement.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!