Total Crown Renewal procedure

constanza

Sounds like a scalp reduction.

Either way, I would be extremely cautious w/ this cat -- I wouldn't trust my web developer's head w/ it.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Guest wanthairs

the surgeon does say he does FUE...but he also talks about a flap procedure and laser therapy.....personally I'd feel less at risk having sex with a meat grinder.

just stick to coalition docs who have dozens of happy clients you can talk to or meet personally rather than a total shot in the dark.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been working with Dr. Mark DiStefano for the past 4 years. I started out as a HTP patient with him 8 years ago. One of his " Total Crown Renewal patients brought this to my attention, I thought I should share some facts with the community.

The Total Crown Renewal is the exact same procedure that Dr. Patrick Frechet from Paris France has been performing for over a decade. Frechet's is called the "Frechet Triple Flap". Dr. DiStefano trained with Dr. Frechet and has been performing this procedure with fantastic results for the past 3 years. If you read this article by Frechet, you will see that this is the best wat to treat baldness in the crown area.

http://www.docteurfrechet.com/tissuegain.html

When the Total Crown Renewal is complete, it moves the equivalent of 15,000 hairs to the crown. This allows the full donor area to then be used for any transplant that is needed in the front 2/3rds of the scalp.

Achieving density in the crown with a HTP is not feasible due to the short supply of donor hair.

Dr. DiStefano has over 50 patients that you can speak with and or meet with to show the incredible results of this procedure.

Just because he is the only Dr. in the country performing this, does not mean people should be knocking it due to lack of information.

Dr. DiStefano is:

Graduate of Georgetown Medical School

Board Certified M.D.

Diplomate ABHRS American Board Of Hair Restoration Surgery.

Member of the Iternational Society of Hair Restorations (ISHRS).

Member of the European Society of Hair Resotration (ESHRS).

Consultant for Harvard Medical International for Hair Transplant Traning.

Member of the Board of Plastics for UMASS Medical Center

Only Dr. in the U.S.A offering and successfully completing the "Total Crown Renewal Procedure"

Over 5,000 Hair Transplant Procedures permformed .

Experienced Surgery Team - Over 63 years of combined experience.

You have to click the "total crown renewal" button...the results do look extrordinarily impressive, though some of the angles are suspicious, which makes the "unreal results" kinda questionable to me. Certaintly enticing, though....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hairmanredsox,

Welcome to our community.

As a representative of Dr. DiStefano, you are welcome to post here, but you are expected to follow the rules listed in our terms of service.

If you'd like to share some examples of his work, you are welcome to, but please do not post promotional links.

Please also add a disclaimer in your forum signature about your affiliation with Dr. DiStefano.

Thanks,

Bill

• 1 month later...

I am a current patient of Dr Distefano and I have had 2 sessions.. total 2,973 grafts... 855 - single hair follicles.... 1,318 - 2 haired follicles .... 800 - 3 haired follicles. I had frontal balding or receding hair line and decided in early 2007 to get my 1st procedure done. I am happy to say after two procedures my hair is growing great and I now have a full head of hair. The procedure was very comfortable as the team of people who work with you during the procedure are very personable as is Dr. Distefano, you really feel like you're with friends, which I never felt at a Drs. Office. The procedure itself was pretty painless with minor discomfort with the initial pricks of numbing medicine, but after that it's clear sailing with a good movie and good conversation with the Dr. Assistants. They brought me a great sub for lunch and then back to work. The post procedures are clearly explained to you and it all fell into place in the coming months, literally. I would be glad to share any helpful information on the procedure as well as before and after photos which are impressive. I've had great success and the price was very reasonable based on the results.

Regards, Chris

had a consult with destafano,my wife and I was not inpressed,he was talking about a triple flap for my crown and then I would go back later for my hair line was kind of scary,he was talking about his teeth that he had just had done,I thought that was kind of strange.really need to to your home work on this ht thing Im glad I did even if I had to travel its worth it in the long run.

• 4 months later...

Thx to this post I found the Dr in question. I call him Dr. D. Like all of you, I have researched and waited for years for "The breakthrough". I was determined that by age 50 I would have a full head of hair. Like all of you guys I have checked for the photos and updates of the cloning and Dr. Gho's work and the list goes on. I looked at Dr. D's website and simply could not believe what I was seeing. I spoke to 4 patients and exchanged photos with 1 guy. Then I went to see the Dr. I could tell by the way he examined me he knew exactly what he was doing. I admit getting cut is no small thing..I just felt he had the solution now!

I had my first procedure and in 2 weeks have my second. Everyone I have shown the work to has commented on how professional the work is! My second procedure will almost completely eliminate the crown bald spot. I may need a very small third procedure to completely eliminate any balding area on the crown. But.. even after the first procedure I look different-less round and more square-as my hair is higher on my head.

I will answer any questions you have. I am just so excited and thrilled! It is really amazing.

Last but not least: I know how unbelievable this sounds..the fact is, I still don't believe what is going to happen! I don't know how he is going to turn what I perceive as little hair into a full head covering...I think this sums it up- before the Dr began the first procedure he asked if I had any questions. I said "how will you turn nothing into something?"..He said "You don't have nothing!" It is how he uses what hair you have to cover the head most efficiently.