Can anything but a HT help me??? (26 y/o w/pix)

Nxsov180db

Was wondering if there is any kind of drug or anything other than a transplant that would help... I am 26 years old and my scalp is very dry. I get a lot of dandruff but I use body lotion to help with that, any thoughts???

Picture_9.jpg.3680fdab0d5d635bf1438f2d892998dc.jpg

Hi Nx,

From the looks of it, you are a NW6 going into the final stages of the norwood patterns(7), and at a young age.

My honest opinion is that you can try an HT, but you might not be satisfied with the results given your degree of loss.

If you were to go that route, i would get on Propecia right away.

Again, send your pics to some Docs that specialize in large cases, like H&W and see what they say.

But if you can't get the 7-8 grafts that you would need for a nice change, i say forget it.

Best,

ST

Nxsov,

Unfortunately, non-surgical hair loss treatment options are very limited in their effect, especially on those with higher levels of balding.

Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) however are typically highly effective in preventing additional hair loss, and more rarely, can stimulate some hair regrowth.

Hair transplantation may be an option for you however, given your pattern according to the norwood scale, it is important for you to develop very reasonable expectations. Be sure to read my and other forum member responses to your inquiry about hair transplantation on this thread.

Best wishes,

Bill

I don't think adding a little bit of hair for thousands of dollars is going to really make you happy. I think it will end up making the situation worse, and also make you alot poorer.

Your hair loss is pretty severe for your age, but the good thing is you are pulling it off.

Move on and screw the drugs, potions and lotions. You will save alot of money and eventually many others will catch up to you in the balding arena.