future

giants

I e mailed them and asked them the same question a while back. This is the response i got:

Thank you for your interest in Follica. We are extremely excited about the research and are working diligently to translate the findings into clinical treatments. We cannot anticipate precisely when this will be launched as a commercial product, nor have we announced any specific clinical trial plans at this time, though we hope to conduct initial testing in humans soon. We are not currently tracking potential volunteers or creating a distribution list, but please feel free to check back in 6-12 months. We look forward to announcing additional information as we progress. We know how much this means to so many people, and are focused on making it a medical reality.

Best regards,

• 2 months later...

this is their answer on 1/11/07. In 1-2 years we should be in clinical trials. There will not be a product available for at least 2-3 years after that. If you are worried about the next 5 years, you should probably get at transplant. This will not prevent you from doing something new after that.

George Cotsarelis, M.D.

If you are worried about the next 5 years, you should probably get at transplant. This will not prevent you from doing something new after that.

This is a bit strange don't you think?How original hair is going to grow after a hairtransplant?

• Moderators
This is a bit strange don't you think?How original hair is going to grow after a hairtransplant?

It says they are regenerating follicles. If that's the case then it shouldn't matter if a HT damages old follicles or leaves a scar in the donor area.

In addition it's also possible to get new growth from follicles that still exist in between the transplanted ones. This already happens to some extent with using rogaine and propecia after having a HT.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.