DHi versus traditional FUE

Hi Ivyl

I do not know a great deal about Dhi or the methods they use .

I do not know if they are a franchise or not as I have heard posters on here refer to them as DHI Athens, DHI London. DHI Ireland . I suspect they use the Choi method of hairtransplantation and you can find plenty of Information on this site refering to that .

I would note that DHI are not reccomended on this site by way of being in the Coalition of surgeons and that therefore would make me stay well away from them . personally I would not go near anyone not reccomended on this site regardless of cost or distance .

I hope this helps

ej

hi ivyleaguer

i had a procedure with dhi athens last summer.

(3000 grafts fue).

the result is 0% growth.

don't make the mistake i did.

there are many good doctors mentioned on this site(hasson,rahal,feller,shapiro...).

start your research.

jbkg

I don't think it is just DHI that produced poor or no growth. It is FUE in general.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I am not sure it's FUE. My last transplant 800 grafts and no discernable difference. the first one was fine, but less grafts at that time. But thanks for the heads up about DHI. has anyone else had issues with FUE in general?

My transplant was strip andthe yield was very poor. 800 grafts. It is not the strip technique that was bad it was the doctor and his skill. With that said my 1100 FUE grafts produced high yield. My advice through years of research. Go and check out docs that perform both procedures and view live patient results.I did this over 6 years ago and would not get a transplant again unless there were availiable patients to meet. Good luck and take your time in your research.

First two were great! so not quite sure your rational of it being the doctor is correct.

Well than it could of been the techs on the last one handling the grafts. I know since I went to a local doc for my strip. He had a different tech each time. That was back some years ago when online information was not around.I know from researching ht's over the years getting a team of techs that have been with the same clinic lessen the chance for poorer yield. But hey in Ht nothing is a 100%. And yes Lesson the less they handle the grafts the better. But I had no such problem with Fue.

I am actually considering getting my done in Pakistan or India. Leaning toward the latter, as it gives me a chance to visit the TaJ Mahal. i am based in Qatar currently. Doctors here are very expensive. Some friends who had different types of surgery, none HT, have gone to these countries to have work done. Anyone else done HT in the Asian countries, perhaps India or Thailand?

Ivyleager. " Placement

1.Each graft is implanted manually. It is very important to handle the grafts very carefully in order to avoid damaging them" They are talking about strip here. Many of these sites around the web. Point is grafts can and do get damaged either way if not handled with care . I will post the link if you want to read further in. http://www.hairtransplantsurge...transplantation.html