Legitimate question

I am considering a hair transplant, but I would like to find one that is not paying to be listed here.

Pat, do you know of any fine physicians that you would recommend who are not paying to be listed here?

Thanks!

PerfectFew

I am considering a hair transplant, but I would like to find one that is not paying to be listed here.

Pat, do you know of any fine physicians that you would recommend who are not paying to be listed here?

Thanks!

PerfectFew

Legitimate my ( this is where I need an ass face instead of a smily face!

Now it's old.

The only problem is he is trying to get banned!

actually, I'd kinda like to know also if there are any doctors who don't pay who are still recommended (even by patients here). I know you guys don't like this person, but don't you think it would be better if we had all the options? Im ok with considering the doctors who pay to be here, but I'd like to know about all my options before I spend my money (or lack thereof... lol). There is so much hype around hair transplants, I just don't know what to believe anymore.

please don't beat me up for asking this. I'm just curious.

No problem with the question whatsoever---

Let me preface this by stating that at this site, the reason for the Coalition is to steer prospective patients to doctors who provide consistant superior results and have done so for a lengthy period of time.

In doing this we hope to take some of the guesswork out of choosing this doc or that doc, while at the same time educating a fellow balding brother as to the nuances of the actual procedure.

Now, let me say that there are probably quite a few "diamonds in the rough" who are laboring without any fanfare or recognition amongst us.

Dr. Gabel and Dr. Reed come to mind, 2 docs who have recently joined our community here, who do very nice work and have done so for a few years now.

Another case is Dr. Robin Unger, who I believed was a poor choice for a patient on the east coast (because nothing was known about her), but then I hear from someone whom I trust implicitly that she is worthy of inclusion in the Coalition should she desire to do so.

The best thing to do is look around and check out a few docs--- then ask some questions here on the forum--- chances are you will find people like myself who know a bit about docs, or actual patient testimonials with pictures in order to get a honest, well rounded opinion of the doctor in question.

I hope this helps you out--- also if you tell me what you are looking for in a doc, and are willing to travel/not to travel etc.. I can probably help you out.

Take Care and Welcome,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I'm sure there are several excellent Docs out there that are not a part of the Coalition Surgeons here or not recommended by this site. I'd listen to B spot as he does more research on these types of things than anyone I know. I wish I could recommend one to you but most of my experience with seeing results of physicians is evidenced by those who post here or on another Hair Loss site.

Yes, Drs. that are recommended here pay a fee to be recommended.................so what? If they are qualified to be recommended and do great work, we in turn will be recommending them to fellow posters in need of a HT which profits them. Is there something wrong with this? The "clients" of this site are numerous..........should the sites owner be compensated for his "full-time" effort in maintaining the site and ensuring the Doc's recommended here are worth recommending? Again, what's the problem with this? In my stay here, I've evidenced the addition of many fine surgeon and also seen the exit of those who did not measure up. If it was all about the money, the site's owner would NEVER remove any of the Docs.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

I think I'll adopt Perfect's approach and demand everything be free!!! Of course there is no way possible in life where you can pay a fee and be objective.. I guess, all landlords, banks, and doctors are "shills"

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi

I think I'll adopt Perfect's approach and demand everything be free!!! Of course there is no way possible in life where you can pay a fee and be objective.. I guess, all landlords, banks, and doctors are "shills"

(Hairbank's impersonation of Capt. Kirk(Shatner) doing a Priceline commercial): Brilliant! Hair transplants for free only if you ask for it. Doctors offer the service out of the goodness of their hearts..........nobody pays...........I like it. icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.