Hair restoration clinics in Colorado

chris2b

I visited th medical hair restoration clinic in Colorado and to do a small portion on my hair line they wanted 5,000 for 800 grafts. Is there any other reputable clinics in colorado, that may be better or cheaper?

I visited th medical hair restoration clinic in Colorado and to do a small portion on my hair line they wanted 5,000 for 800 grafts. Is there any other reputable clinics in colorado, that may be better or cheaper?

Chris,

Please do your research extensively before going through with MHR. Utilize this forum's search feature (located under the "Find" button) to see what other members have to say about MHR and their experiences.

In the meantime, Dr. Daniel Didocha is a very reputable and skilled physician in Colorado.

Best of luck in your search.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi chris2b,

Welcome to this forum! You may also want to consider Dr. James Harris who is an MD and part of this network. Just go to the home page and click on the state of Colorado and I believe he practices out of Englewood.

He also does FUE, and developed instrumentation for it. Best wishes to you on your search. icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I went to see Dr. diodocha, but I just talked to his consultants, they took some pics, but I haven't heard anything for a week? I am going to go to another doctor on wed and probably go back and talk to the doctor at MHR again, and then make my decision.

Chris2b,

I wonder if Dr. Diodocha was in surgery at the time of your consultation. Meeting with the surgeon is the most important part of the consultation for the obvious reasons. It also provides the doctor the opportunity to review the patient's medical history. Hopefully you will get a chance to hear his opinion as I have heard some good things about him.

I know I also suggested Dr. Harris who as previously mentioned is doing FUE and developed some of his own instrumentation. Other surgeons including some of those who attended the last ISHRS conference speak highly of his work and respect him as a colleague.

I am clearly not a proponent of the hair mills for the reasons that I have stated on other threads.

Either way, you are the patient, and so decide on whomever you think will provide you the best result, has good ethics, and will give you the opportunity to meet with him/her pre-operatively speaking. Sometimes patients have to e-mail pics because the doctor of their choice is not in their immediate area. But it sounds like the docs you are considering are within your driving range and if so, I would insist on a comprehensive physical evaluation by the surgeon. Best wishes to you and hope things work out well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

chris2b,

I am actually in Denver myself and will be visiting Dr. Harris very soon.

I met with Dr. Didocha a few years back. As that was the first (and only) HT surgeon I have ever had experience with I am not really sure how he compares. I found him straightforward about what he could do for me, but I didn't leave the office feeling 100% comfortable about what he proposed. I may go in again while I am interviewing doctors this time around and see if I feel any differently.

I did happen to see some patients in his office at the time. My feeling was mixed on the results, but I have NO IDEA if these where his patients or repair work he was doing. So please take that comment with a grain of salt. He does do mixed-procedures (scalp reductions, etc.) which I do not want. The one guy that did have all that done looked good. Price seemed reasonable. All of this just IMHO. Some of his patients look very good in the photos.

I will know more after my visit with Dr. Harris as I have heard very good things about him.

I have still not had any HT done. I am mid-30s now and feel the time is probably right. Please let me know when you go see Dr. Harris and we can compare notes.

Thanks!

FC

I would not choose any clinic where you haven't met the doctor (lots of guys do, it's a mistake).

I personally dislike salemen in a doctor's office, and after my terrible experience working through a "consultant" I won't talk to them, only to the actual doctors.

Read the article here Best Hair Transplant and pay close attention to the emphasis on using microscopes to dissect the donor strip (not just magnifiers).

Also notice the importance of the "all-FU" transplant as compared to inferior "Minigraft" procedures.

When you go back to MHR, ask them to see the microscopes "in action". There should be a team of people using binocular microscopes to dissect the donor strip (not Jeweler's Loups, which are worn on the head).

Ask them if they do an all-FU procedure there.

Some clinics spend millions on promotion, so they can aford to be "nice" but choose a clinic that is using the best techniques, even if they are not as concerned with salesmanship.

There's always the chance you choose "none of the above" and decide to go out of state. I recommend that guys look for the elite few "best" in the field and travel to see them if necessary.

In my opinion, none of the best doctors work for a big chain or franchise clinic.

Even if you think the people at a clinic are nice guys, that's not enough for you to trust them to permanently alter your appaearance.

After talking to Dr. Harris, I believe that I will probably get the surgery in about a month and a half. I told him what I wanted to do, and he set me up with something that would work great for me, appearance wise and financially. I also got the prescriptions I needed from him, and he didn't want to charge like every other doctor I talked too.