Does anyone had surgery with NHT - Dr. Chang in Newport Beach, CA?

Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Chang of NHT - Natural Hair Transplant from Newport Beach, CA? His website is HairTransplant.com. He charges per sq. cm area and not by graft but promises about 100 grafts per area. His charge seems to be lowest in CA. Any experiences?

How come no had heard about NHT? I do not see anyone here who has had any experience with NHT. I am surprised that I did not find any notation on this website when I searched for 'NHT' or 'Chang' on this website. The doctor is performing transplants for over 10 years in the same location and have done nearly 10000 procedures and I can not find a single listing here icon_frown.gif

Uh, this from their site is scary. I guess they don't trim their FU's. I can see now why they use a 1.97mm blade.

Quote:

There is one report, which came from Dr. Kolasinski in Poland Nov 2001. In his study, he reported that he had transplanted 15 non-hair bearing grafts"??? no visible hair follicles"??? in a patient. 7 months post-operative, there was a re-growth of 35 hairs from these grafts. Amazingly, each non-hair bearing graft yielded about 1 to 3 hairs per graft. From the results of that study, we can conclude that the best hair transplant procedures are the procedures that transplant 100% of the donor tissue to the recipient site without removing any of the tissue. Non-hair bearing tissue today does not mean that there is no hair in the tissue at all, but just means that the hair is not clearly visible.

End Quote

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by King_FUT:

Interesting. I suspect this shot of the temple point rebuild doesn't look very natural in person.

http://hairtransplant.com/gallery/density601.htm

It sure doesn't look natural in the picture. The other temple is very abrupt also. I would be careful of a doctor that can't see this problem. Don't go solely on price.

Good point! That is a very abrupt temple. It is just a straight line of very high density - not very typical.

Here's some other photos that give 'pause':

http://hairtransplant.com/gallery/img/Hairline4.jpg

http://hairtransplant.com/gallery/webimg/65%25/3a.jpg

The standards have been raised. While this appears better than Bosley, the last photo above almost appeared like Mini & Micros.

The last one here shows great density improvement, but the 'artistic' touch appears to be lacking as it is just a straight line.

http://hairtransplant.com/gallery/webimg/40%25/1a.jpg

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

No to the Lord clinic. Sorry. You need to realize that this procedure is an investment, and not something to "price shop" All of us want a great price, but not at the expense of quality. Plan on spending 25,000 to achieve your goals with top surgeons. I hope this helps you out.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I have to agree, a HT is not something you want to skimp on, it is an investment for life. A difference between a good HT and a bad HT can affect your happiness for the rest of your life - and that is priceless. The current prices are very attractive compared with the hair mills and are also a necessity to run a high quality clinic with the latest advanced tools and equipment as well as talented dedicated staff that only do 1 HT per day. You have been provided a wealth of knowledge with this forum do not waste it by price shopping, it should be the last of your concerns. If you cannot afford an excellent doctor now you cannot afford a HT.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Thanks for all of your replies. All are trying to tell me that price is not something you should look for. If it takes more money, pay it, but get the job done right. Hey, I need to let you know that I had transplant done at Bosley. Paid top dollar and reult was unvelievable. People in this industry were appalled to see the result. I wasted my money. I do not want to pay my money for highly paid commercials that go every week all across nation.

I have seen that Bosley still charges a lot compared to others. People go by brand name. But others can manage the same thing for half price, say between $3 to $5 a graft. I guess anyone who charges beyond $5 then you are basically paying them to run thir big offices nationawide and the commercials people watch on main national channels. And anyone trying to pay less than $3 then they have to worry about quality.

What I am surprised is that Dr. Chang has been around for more than 10 years right in the place where HT happen the most, in Los Angeles but no one knows about it.

You are correct NewHair. There are really only a handfull of quality HT physicians around and they all charge between $3 and $5 an FU. It's funny (well not really) how the bad ones can stay in business so long. You're one of the smart ones who is doing the research. I think many people just jump into it without thinking.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by the B spot:

Plan on spending 25,000 to achieve your goals with top surgeons. I hope this helps you out.

HUH???? 25k???

The best clinic you can get about 8000-9000 grafts in this day and age. That price is ridiculous and so 80s.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

So, let's see... $3-$4 per graft:

4,000 grafts = $12,000 - $16,000

8,000 grafts = $24,000 or so

Seems like B Spot's math is right on.

M&M Weblog

Originally posted by HairHope:

how many here had 8,000 grafts? why bullshit the guy.

M&M you had how many? 1662 so that was what $7500, too funny...

HairHope - I used 8,000 as that was the number you quoted and, as you know, the more you do in one session, the lower 'per graft' cost.

Everyone's needs are different.

For me - I needed to reestablish my hairline and get rid of the mini / micro graft look. I had consultations with Shapiro & H&W and both were estimating 1,000 - 1,500. I ended up with a little more - a bonus in my books. Any more would have been a waste at this stage.

M&M Weblog