Three month growth

at three months I started getting those thin and wispy hairs and now at 4 months plus the hairs are getting thicker and darker. I still feel some more stubble here and there, especially towards the back(top of crown) But my midscalp has kicked in nicely and appears to be getting thicker and growing in more each week, so you are on the rigth track for sure!

The difference between 3 months and 6 months is astounding. The difference in 6 months to 1 year is amazing as well.

At three months you should just see some "activity" nothing great.

By month 4-5 things should start really happening. I think by 6-7 months you will know if you have a problem or not.

Little too early to stress, but I know it is tough waiting!!!!!!!

Relax and wait for the payoff!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

John, since I'm 52 and not quite as young as the morning dew, I asked Dr. Cooley if I could expect slower development.

He indicated that there appeared to be no predictable pattern based on age. There are apparently predictable differences based on race, and perhaps hair type, but I can't recall where I read that.

I'm at the 6 week mark now, and my pre existing hair that I had shaved is starting to grow like gangbusters, and there is just a hint that the transplanted hairs are going to start throwing a party soon.

Oddly, my pre existing hair is growing stronger and straight up to the sky! I've no idea what that is about unless the rogaine is making it thicker already. It doesn't lay flat like it used too....its odd.

I put rogaine ALL over my HT area, and not just on the crown. It may not be spec'd to grow hairline, but it has been known too and it sure won't work if you don't put it there.

I've also been using a Follogen Shampoo with copper peptides.

How can you go wrong with copper peptides?

Oh, I forgot my pep talk John. You know, every spring I look at my lawn after the snow is gone and think: man this lawn is dead, it ain't coming back. But it does...big time.

Me? After six weeks I get a little less ugly every day.

mark

Interesting...I read another post recently, where the poster saw his original hair growing in thicker and stronger after the HT (and I do not remember whether he described using any meds). Dr. Feller posted as well, and believed that it could in fact be that the transplanted follicles somehow enhanced the blood flow to the area (if I understood him correctly). Or that something else very good and physiological was happening.

For me, it seemed as if the re-growing hair on top was fuller and thicker than I remember it being, originally...wishful thinking? I prefer to think not icon_smile.gif

Benjamin