Is it possible?

otto

Im 5 weeks out and im starting to see tiny little black hair come through. Is it possible these are new ones coming through? or these just ones that have not fallen out since the HT? The only thing is I have been looking in the mirror 20 times a day since the ht, and I thought I would have noticed this but maybe not. Maybe it is just wishful thinking wich is really weird for me. It almost looks like the little hairs that show up after a few day without shaving, but sparatic, by no means is there alot of coverage. I did also loose my ht hairs with in the 1st 10 days. The majority anyway. Anyone with a similar experience?

Im 5 weeks out and im starting to see tiny little black hair come through. Is it possible these are new ones coming through? or these just ones that have not fallen out since the HT? The only thing is I have been looking in the mirror 20 times a day since the ht, and I thought I would have noticed this but maybe not. Maybe it is just wishful thinking wich is really weird for me. It almost looks like the little hairs that show up after a few day without shaving, but sparatic, by no means is there alot of coverage. I did also loose my ht hairs with in the 1st 10 days. The majority anyway. Anyone with a similar experience?

I lost 90%+ of my originally transplanted FU's. But the other 5-10% seemed to stay at their original length then grow after a month or so. My first completely new ones seemed to be few at 2 1/2 months.

One thing I'm certain that helped the speed of them coming in was Rogaine like my doc said to use.

I was slick bald and it was easy to apply for my 1st HT so I did 2X per day, and they really started coming in pretty quickly.

After the second HT, I had a lot of hair from my 1st, and the Rogaine wasn't as easy to do - so I only did it every once in a while. THis grow in has been slower.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

Otto-

Sounds like we're in about the same boat when it comes to time. I had a procedure done at the end of September. Suprisingly, I had a number of transplanted hairs that didn't fall out. I didn't count them or anything, but I'd guess that about 20 percent stayed in. Some of the hairs looked like they were going to stay in, but after a few weeks they had this fall over look to them and they eventually fell out. A lot of the hairs that did that seemed to come back out again pretty quickly. I'm happy about it.

Foxlox

I also had new growth after 4-5 weeks. Most of it was sporadic single hair growth in the hairline. I know it was new growth because like the two of you i looked in the mirror 20+ times a day and actually watched them grow from just small black dots to thin hairs. I think when the veterans here talk about it taking 4 months to see results, they're referring to substantial noticable growth...not just a few sporadic hairs icon_smile.gif

Interesting...was the new growth in a previously slick bald area? I remember at 4-5 weeks I thought I had new hairs growing also but then I realized that they were probably just hairs that were in the resting phase that would have popped up at that time anyway. There has been a significant amount of growth now at 3 months.

Dart