Applying Rogaine Foam(Noobie)

Jupiter

So I'm thinking about adding Rogaine to my propecia for getting maybe a better regrowth factor? My question is I plan to apply my rogaine foam after my showers, how long after my shower can i apply it? Of course I would dry hair as good as possible, or does it matter? And also is there a good chance it will regrow with propecia?

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

So I'm thinking about adding Rogaine to my propecia for getting maybe a better regrowth factor? My question is I plan to apply my rogaine foam after my showers, how long after my shower can i apply it? Of course I would dry hair as good as possible, or does it matter? And also is there a good chance it will regrow with propecia?

Please anyone? I just wanna know if putting on rogaine foam after a shower if the hair is at all damp will it lessen the effects? I need to know if putting it in my hair like 10 minutes after i get out of the shower is bad

your supposed to put it in AFTER your shower...your NOT supposed to put it in BEFORE your shower. I would say common sense dictates that if your hair is still damp when you apply it then this is going to water it down. Dry your hair after your shower then slap some of that foam all over your noggin, wait for it to dry, then style as usual...

Rogaine--out of all the hair loss meds---is generally the least effective, but when combined with propecia they can have a synergistic effect. Rarely some guys get tremendous re-growth from Rogaine. I know of a couple of cases off hand of guys on whom it re-grew so much hair that it appeared they never had any hair loss. But this is extremely rare so don't expect much. Check out Janna's post with pics of guys who had a significant amount of re-growth when taking Rogaine combined with propecia...

Jupiter,

You can use it almost immediately after you towel dry your head after you come out of the shower. Just be sure that the majority of the water is removed. Applying it to damp hair should be just fine.

I agree that adding Rogaine to your regime could indeed be a good move. Be sure to give it at least 4-6 months as suggested on Rogaine's website.

Bill

Jupiter,

As NG2GB stated, it's best to use Rogaine in conjunction with Propecia. You may want to use the blow dryer quickly on the top of head to make sure your hair is dry where you'll be applying the foam. I would recommend applying the foam once a day (at night preferrably) to make sure your scalp will tolerate it first before going full force twice a day. Some people tend to stop usage as rogaine can be irritating and cause redness and itching by being too aggressive from the start.

Please keep in mind that if the two meds do work to regrow hairs or halt further progression of hair loss on you, you will have to keep up the regimen indefinately. Start out documenting your progress from day one to really see if meds are effective on you. Even better if you're able share your progress with all of us. Good luck.