Dr. Goertz?

PerfectFew

PF, if Seattle is conveniant for you, I would suggest a little trip north to H&W, where you can get an opinion from one of the best Dr's in the world. I have never heard of the doctor you have mentioned, but with H&W so close, it seems like a no brainer to at least check them out. While I am sure that your doctor is a fine physician, perhaps a visit to a clinic where success is proven. Just my opinion, hope this helps. Good Luck with your search.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

His website smacks of quackery.Although hairbethere is hugging him and singing his acolades bloody scalp and all. Keep doing research for the next year. Your scalp isn't going anywhere.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Check out many of the Doc's listed in the Coalition by clicking in the top left corner of this website..............and, Ditto the earlier posts if your around Seattle, go see Hasson and Wong for a consult.

This forum should be very useful in your research. There's a wealth of information here to assist you. Look at previous before and after photo's in our Photo Albums and check out the same on the Coalition Surgeon's websites.

Let any of us know how we can help and Good Luck with the process.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

PerfectFew,

Welcome to our community. I'm glad to hear it has been useful for you.

I have visited Seattle on at least two occasions in the hope of finding a clinic in Seattle worth recommending on this community. In my opinion there are none.

I strongly suggest you do yourself a big favor and consult with Hasson and Wong before making any commitments. Their consultant in Seattle, Mike Ferko, will provide you with a wealth of educational information and plenty of patients to meet with in person. Their surgeries are performed in Vancouver, Canada and their results are outstandinng. For contact info, click here.

I suggest you search this forum and or other hair loss forums to learn more about both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong and any other physician you may be considering. On this forum click on "Find" and enter the physician's last name.

I think you will be very glad you did your home work and kept looking to find a real gem in the rough.

Best wishes for a great hair tranplant.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

PerfectFew,

I have visited Seattle on at least two occasions in the hope of finding a clinic in Seattle worth recommending on this community. In my opinion there are none.

Perfect Few,

I'd pay specific attention to the quote above. If you'll refer to the "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" on the main page of this forum, Pat has checked out several HT surgeons across the US and posted invaluable information. If he's not recommending Goertz, I would say that is a good indication that he is behind the times in some way, shape or form when it comes to HT's.

Are you going to consult with Hasson & Wong's Mike Ferko who's located in Seattle? Just don't want you to settle for 2nd best with something as important as this. Sounds like you're getting "good vibes" from Goertz but I'd get a 2nd and 3rd opinion before deciding.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Perfect Few,

"Bosley should give away a free jar of vaseline with every appointment, otherwise I think the "ride from behind" will be a little rough."

Heck, I'd like for you to be a patient of ours just so I can meet you in person. I 'bout fell out of my chair on that one. Good for you for finding this site.

You mention a few points that I think are worth touching on.

Flash photography. Yeah, it does make the hair look thinner, from the top. It makes the image flatter and shows more scalp. However, if you take a flash photo from the side of the hairline or directly at the hairline it usually makes it look much thicker, by at least 50%. While I won't go so far as to say that some clinics literally alter their photos I will say that some will use flash to their advantage. If you ever want to know if flash was used, look for a slight shadow outline either to the left or the right of the patient. It's almost impossible to hide completely.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians