H&W patient numbness 7 years post HT

On another site, someone mentioned meeting a H&W patient who had recipient area numbness 7 years post surgery. Is there a reason for this? Has technology improved these days to limit such numbness?

On another site, someone mentioned meeting a H&W patient who had recipient area numbness 7 years post surgery. Is there a reason for this? Has technology improved these days to limit such numbness?

I read that, I have never heard of numbness in the recipient. I think he may be referring to a mild loss of sensitivity.

With 4000+ graft incisions in the front half and 6 months post surgery, I experience a mild loss of sensitivity when I touch my scalp through the growing hair. Kind of like having a thin piece of cloth over it. I attribute this to all the microscopic scar tissue that has formed. Still has sensation, but mildly reduced.

Permanent numbness is rare, but a possible risk that goes along with hair transplant surgery. Without knowing the details of the case, it's difficult to say anymore since every case must be evaluated separately.

What has Hasson and Wong said about it publicly so far?

Best wishes,

Bill

With a large wide incision at donor site as well as mega session graft placement with packing, there is a chance for permanent numbness if certain nerves get compromise. Most nerves cut during surgery grow back and reconnect thus getting feeling back, but some do not. With large sessions this is a "small" risk but bigger risk than a smaller session due to the amount of scalp trama. After incesion healing, massaging the area helps the healing process.

SMOOTHY

HT-Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin

Zrii

There are risks in all surgeries no matter who the doctor is ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!