Scars after HT

Hello everyone,

i just wanted to ask everyone one who had a HT, how long before the scars in the recipient area and donor area took to heal up before it was ok to go back to work?

How long does it take for the redness and scabs to disappear after the operation?

Thank you for the help

Hello everyone,

i just wanted to ask everyone one who had a HT, how long before the scars in the recipient area and donor area took to heal up before it was ok to go back to work?

How long does it take for the redness and scabs to disappear after the operation?

Thank you for the help

Just to avoid any confusion for any other noobs reading this --

The scars never totally "heal" in the sense that they're always visible for the rest of your life if your head were to ever be shaved smooth.

The linear scar will "heal up" into a very fine line of scar tissue. It will be almost as if someone drew a long line across the skin of your head with a peach-colored magic marker. In the best cases it's as small as a 1-2mm wide, and it it's hard to even find it by hand when there's hair grown out over it.

It will never be truly "gone" unless future scar healing technology advances beyond anything we have right now. It's just a question of how short your hair can be before the scar begins to show. A "better" scar is one that won't be visible to other people in public even with fairly short hair lengths on the back/sides.

------------------------------------------------

As previously mentioned, the donor scar will be a non-issue at work since the surrounding hair will cover it. The incisions in the recipient area should not leave any visible scarring in the long term. It should be noted, however, that once the scabs fall from the recipient area (takes less than a week), the skin will have a pinkish tinge. It does not look like surgery was done exactly, but it is noticeable like a rash or a sunburn. If you have natural hair in the recipient zone around which the grafts are placed, the pinkness should be hard to detect. If not, you may need to apply a bit of make-up to conceal the coloration. Otherwise just come up with a story to explain it away. The pinkness can linger for a few weeks to a few months but the incisions, since they are so small, will not be noticeable.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

jojojo1,

Everyone gave you some excellent information.

But if your question simply is "when can I go back to work", it really depends on what you do. Technically you can go back to work in a couple days but you will most likely be a bit sore and depending on how many grafts and the details of the surgery, you will look funny for even longer.

In addition to what was provided below, I encourage you to read the following thread:

When will I look "normal" after a hair transplant?

Bill