Dr McKenzie 2834 FUs in a Norwood class 5-6 patient

Dr. McKenzie,

Nice work!

He definitely looks a lot younger with hair! I also like that this hairline is softer in appearance (which is even more evident when I detach the image and view its full size) than one of your other patients in another album. I know however, that hair characteristics play a major role and sometimes a "soft" hairline is harder to create with course hair.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill---for 2800 grafts in the frontal 1/3 which should average 40 fu's cm/2 there is more of a uniform thinness, which I would not categorize as a "soft" hairline.

Additionally, judging by the immediate post-op pics I would expect that you could not see through the entire transplanted area, which after growth, you can.

I personally would categorize this as a "solid start" in the hopes that an additional 2000-2500 grafts will be used to provide density and extend coverage "back" from the mid-scalp region in order to complete the look.

dabuski--I think your seeing a hairline that is a bit more youthful in placement, but lacking additional density 2-2.5cm behind the hairline which can be a bit "odd" when the patient wears this type of hairstyle.

However to be fair and impartial, it should be noted that the patient has his hair combed straight back which can be very unflattering and not wholly indicative of the work.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I think it's the earring that makes him look younger.....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Jason,

If you blow up the picture of the hairline, you can clearly see that the hairline is not uniform in density with the rest. It may not be the softest hairline in the world, but I wouldn't classify it as "hard" either. Besides, I said it is softer in appearance than one of his other posted albums - I didn't say it was a "soft" hairline. icon_wink.gif

I do agree however, that this hair transplant is a nice start and can certainly add density and coverage in a second pass.

Bill