Scabs

Bob Jansen

Emboldened by a post that micro grafts at 13 days old should allow for scabs to come off; I showered and gently massaged the graft area. Some scabs did come off, however three left some spot bleeding- not a steady stream just a spot of blood. Does this mean these grafts are compromised?

Emboldened by a post that micro grafts at 13 days old should allow for scabs to come off; I showered and gently massaged the graft area. Some scabs did come off, however three left some spot bleeding- not a steady stream just a spot of blood. Does this mean these grafts are compromised?

Jrp65,

Thanks so much for the input on scabs.

I called my Doc and apart from being surprised

and implying I must have done something wrong,I did not get much out of the Doc. I was asked then to drive to the clinic 120 miles away, which is not my idea of fun.

But could you please expand on what you meant by

late stage bleeding being not good.

What are the implications?

Thanks,

Bob.

Bob,

For your doctor to imply that you did something wrong is outrageous. You didn't. The scabs are just not ready to come off. I also had a few that took well beyond the normal week to 10 day period. Eventually, they came off with a little coaxing with Bactroban ointment. Also, if the bleeding was just spotty, in my opinion, you just disturbed the surface of the skin. This again, indicates that the scabs aren't ready to come off. If you had compromised the grafts, you certainly would have had more bleeding than just spotting. I recall Dr. Feller stating that once the healing process kicks in, the only way to remove grafts are with a knife. I think you're OK.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Yeah Jim is right, you probably just disturbed the surface of the skin and that's why you saw a little blood. Also don't buy the bs that the scabs come off in a week. Mine took over a month. Just think about it. I'm sure you've had cuts before, and cuts take several weeks to heal, let alone the scabs falling off. Now image having 1,000 or so holes popped in your head. When a doc say you'll look as good as new in a week. That's just total bullshit. The healing process takes time.

Mr. Hair