Richard Keller, M.D./ 2 layer trichophytic closures of donor site. Results showing multiple patients.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Dr. Simmons, Dr. Lindsey, Newintown and Bill for your positive commments. Dr. Cam Simmons to answer your question- by lessening the tension on the trichophytic closure an optimal healing environment is created. The inner layer is brought together by using interrupted suture placement and staples are used on the outer layer to lessen lateral shifting. Staples are usually removed ten days post-op. Richard Keller M.D.

Dr. Keller is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr Keller,

The combination of internal sutures and staples on the outer scalp seems like a very interesting and successful method. How long have you been using this type of closure, and do you know of many other surgeons that use this technique?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

Future_HT_Doc, Thank you for your interest. I have been perfecting this closure for about 5 years. The concept is not new. I have worked to find the best technique which provides the optimal closure for my patients.

Regards,

Dr. Keller

Dr. Keller is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr Keller,

Thank you for the response. Very interesting work with the closure, and again, very excellent results.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...