Dr.Epstein

MORE_HAIR

Hello all.

I'm real close to making the move and setting a surgery date.

Met with four of the "top" docs talked about on this forum.

I just hung up the phone with Dr. Epstein who I met with two weeks ago in the NY office.

I not only met him but spoke with on the phone last week and again 20 min. ago.

Some of the docs are really "talked up" by certain regulars but I feel Epstein is just doing what he's supposed to do...no hype,just quality work....i was also surprised he spent 25 min. on the phone with me !!!

I was pretty at ease with him because he totally didn't sell me on a BIG job..just one that would yield solid results...isn't that what we're all after.

His photo gallery also looked awesome.

I'll keep everyone posted when this thing happens for me.

Anyone have any feedback on Epstein would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MORE_HAIR

Hello all.

I'm real close to making the move and setting a surgery date.

Met with four of the "top" docs talked about on this forum.

I just hung up the phone with Dr. Epstein who I met with two weeks ago in the NY office.

I not only met him but spoke with on the phone last week and again 20 min. ago.

Some of the docs are really "talked up" by certain regulars but I feel Epstein is just doing what he's supposed to do...no hype,just quality work....i was also surprised he spent 25 min. on the phone with me !!!

I was pretty at ease with him because he totally didn't sell me on a BIG job..just one that would yield solid results...isn't that what we're all after.

His photo gallery also looked awesome.

I'll keep everyone posted when this thing happens for me.

Anyone have any feedback on Epstein would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MORE_HAIR

Guest wanthairs

Hey More hair....

I was in your position about 7 months ago. I met Dr. Epstein for a consult and he spoke conservatively, there was no hype of any kind whatsoever and he refused to tell me what I wanted to hear.

So I went ahead and had a procedure with him......

I was nervous as hell on the day, but he calmed me down....

My growth so far is definately noticable to all around me, maybe not as much as some others are at 5.5 months, but I was very bald to begin with so maybe thats why. In any case I am having another consult with him tommorrow to talk about procedure number two.....

I think that you are hedging a safe bet by going with Dr. Epstein...

We all here, wish you the best of luck with it all....

More hair, you're in luck looking for a doc in NY as there's a good amount of excellent ones operating here. I don't personally know Dr. Epstein (I'm a Dr. Feller patient myself, and a happy one) but he has a good opinion around here. Which means a lot -)

If he makes you feel confident, choose him. That's the important thing. If you can, try to meet a patient of his but other than that, you oughtta be in good hands.

Morehair--- Dr. Epstein is quite well known on this board--- I for one believe he is a superb HT doc.

Anyway, if you have consulted with 4-5 docs who are regarded as "top" then your choices can be narrowed down by approach and comfortability.

If you feel Dr. Epstein best fits your needs, AND you feel great after talking to him, then that is the best of both worlds.

Should you choose to go to Dr. Epstein, you will be very happy you did so.

Good Luck and I hope you share your experience with us!!!!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by wanthairs:

Hey More hair....

I was in your position about 7 months ago. I met Dr. Epstein for a consult and he spoke conservatively, there was no hype of any kind whatsoever and he refused to tell me what I wanted to hear.

So I went ahead and had a procedure with him......

I was nervous as hell on the day, but he calmed me down....

My growth so far is definately noticable to all around me, maybe not as much as some others are at 5.5 months, but I was very bald to begin with so maybe thats why. In any case I am having another consult with him tommorrow to talk about procedure number two.....

I think that you are hedging a safe bet by going with Dr. Epstein...

We all here, wish you the best of luck with it all....

Hi wanthairs,

Thanks for the feedback.

You're going back for a 2nd procedure so I can only assume your pretty happy with Dr.Epstein.

How long after the procedure until you looked totally normal again ??

How was the actual procedure ??

Anthing else you can tell me would be great.

Alot of real good docs here...maybe it's gut but Epstein just seems right.

Thanks again,

more_hair

wanthairs,

Have you considered creating a hair loss weblog to display your photos and experience?

More_Hair,

You have received some excellent advice from many of our forum members.

Looking normal after a hair transplant will depend on a number of factors.

See the following hair loss Q&A Blog: When will I look normal after a hair transplant?

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Moderator:

wanthairs,

Have you considered creating a hair loss weblog to display your photos and experience?

More_Hair,

You have received some excellent advice from many of our forum members.

Looking normal after a hair transplant will depend on a number of factors.

See the following hair loss Q&A Blog: When will I look normal after a hair transplant?

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Bill,

About the looking "normal" thing.

If the head is shaved all the way down (bald)

of course it would take longer to look like your old self again.

I read the piece you suggested that Dr.Hasson wrote about shaving.

When the docs shave do they mean always shaving you bald or can the docs just cut it REAL short to help them with the process/result ????

My understanding is Docs like Hasson shave BALD because they are known for mega mega sessions and it speeds it up for them.

If your doing 5000+graphs the docs have to speed it up,hence shave, otherwise it would be a 10 hour job...if not muliple days.

Thanks

Nice to hear such nice comments about me, as well as my colleagues.

I do not require patients to shave their heads- yes, it does mean the procedure takes a bit longer and requires a bit more concentration on my part, but the upsides (don't have a buzzed head for 6 weeks) far outweigh the downsides. Just last week we performed an almost 4300 graft procedure, and it took just under 8 hours with a non-shaved head. Patient was happy.

Jeff Epstein, MD, FACS

Miami and NYC

If your doing 5000+graphs the docs have to speed it up,hence shave, otherwise it would be a 10 hour job...if not muliple days.

Correction; when shaved it will take about ten to twelve hours depending on several details. Unshaved it would take twice as long. Of course, there are other issues to justify shaving but that is for, and has been the subject of, other threads.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Originally posted by Jotronic:

Correction; when shaved it will take about ten to twelve hours depending on several details. Unshaved it would take twice as long. Of course, there are other issues to justify shaving but that is for, and has been the subject of, other threads.

Thanks jotronic for the info,

You lend even more to my point.

Can you imagine these Docs that due MEGA sessions not shaving ???

They would only have the time to do half the amount of jobs vs. shaving....not good for business.

The important person in my view is the patient.

I've seen some transplants in my research where the docs didn't shave...the work was awesome!!

I'm really curious if the work really suffers when not shaving....on jobs that aren't MEGA sessions.

Thanks guys

Guest wanthairs

Hey Guys.....

Bill....

i juts got my pre-op pics from Epstein today and I will will soon take new ones and do a weblog...Im a bit mentally disabled with technology so it wont be easy..ill do it as soon as I get time...

More hair...

The actual procedure was far easier than I thought it would be. i had no pain during or after..I had alot of swelling which made me look like a freak for 5 days after. (this is normal) Some of the people dissecting the grafts made me a bit nervous because they were busily engaged in all kinds of personal small talk with each other and a couple of times I thought they may not be concentrating but it was just my paranoia, as they do this same thing day in, day out on probably hundreds of patients per year, so Im sure they have their skills perfected... Dr. Epsetin himself, keeps coming in the room to make sure everything seems to be going to plan and the two girls that placed the grafts seemed very good. (and attractive, which helps)

My growth, unlike many, satrted at 7 weeks, but has been quite slow so Epstein thought it best i wait till at least january for procedure number two....

Would I recomend Epsetin? Yes I would? Am I happy with my results? Not quite yet, but I still am at only 5.5months, am going to wait patiently before I defect to the wig wearing community...

Originally posted by wanthairs:

Hey Guys.....

Bill....

i juts got my pre-op pics from Epstein today and I will will soon take new ones and do a weblog...Im a bit mentally disabled with technology so it wont be easy..ill do it as soon as I get time...

More hair...

The actual procedure was far easier than I thought it would be. i had no pain during or after..I had alot of swelling which made me look like a freak for 5 days after. (this is normal) Some of the people dissecting the grafts made me a bit nervous because they were busily engaged in all kinds of personal small talk with each other and a couple of times I thought they may not be concentrating but it was just my paranoia, as they do this same thing day in, day out on probably hundreds of patients per year, so Im sure they have their skills perfected... Dr. Epsetin himself, keeps coming in the room to make sure everything seems to be going to plan and the two girls that placed the grafts seemed very good. (and attractive, which helps)

My growth, unlike many, satrted at 7 weeks, but has been quite slow so Epstein thought it best i wait till at least january for procedure number two....

Would I recomend Epsetin? Yes I would? Am I happy with my results? Not quite yet, but I still am at only 5.5months, am going to wait patiently before I defect to the wig wearing community...

Hey wanthairs...thanks for the help/info.

Did you know going into the first procedure that you would need/want a second ??

Also 5.5 months is not enough time to get discouraged.

From what i've heard and also read on this site some guys growth could explode at 6/7 months.

Thanks for the input,

more_hair

Guest wanthairs

Hey Moire hair.....

I figured I was going to need 3 procedures done to achieve what I want which is coverage all over with a high, conservative hairline and Dr. Epstein confirmed that.....

yeah Im not going to worry at all about my slow growth for another 6 months.....If it looks like shit after a year, thats when I start posting nicely wrapped packages of Dog turd to Dr. Epsteins office..

but so far, i have to say, no complaints at all about Dr. Epstein or his staff.....