shampoo regiment

Hi

I have heard Nioxin does'nt work but Nizoral does . These are so many false claims out there. I had a HT 1417 grafts 4 1/2 months ago. in addition, I started taking Lysine with my propecia and using Nizoral ( it is scientifically proven to increase hair count and volume).. My hair looks 10 x better now , even on the crown where I did not have work done!! The only changes have been Lysine and Nizoral! I am looking forward to seeing myself at 1 year after surgery

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

very interesting! what is Lysine and where do you get it? I ehard that nizoral is good but you should only use a couple of times a week. The nioxin I use isn't to try and grow new hair just keep the scalp very clean for ultimate growing of the transplants. I appreciate your opinion and look forward to others opinions. thanks

tkerr22

I'm also 4+ weeks post-op and I'm afraid to use agressive cleaners until I know it is safe. In my opinion, because I've used it years before, Nioxin left my scalp a little irratated. However, I am interested in some great shampoos or treatments that are proven winners. Has any one heard of Kevis hair products? Is it any good or snake oil? Any thoughts? zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

tkerr22 & zerro -

Ask your doctors about shampoos icon_rolleyes.gif. Mine told me not to bother with any of the "REGROW" snake oils! I've tried them ALL, and some ones you've never heard of! Nioxin is a good powerful shampoo, but I doubt it's claims. I did use at the first signs of hair loss 9 years ago. It obviously didn't work the way it was supposed to because I just had my HT 3 weeks ago. Tried Nizoral too, same comments as above. I'm not saying they are snake oils but they didn't "REGROW" any of my hair. I did notice the Minoxidil helping my thining hair grow quicker and less falling out. I'm waiting a few more weeks to start back up on it. But I do take Propecia. By the way I'm using Baby shampoo lately, as per recommendations from my doc. He also said I could try switching it off with Pantene to avoid build up from either.

Shiny Side Up!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Lysine is a regualar amino acid which you can buy for $5 at the store. I read a journal article that claimed it increased the effectivness of propecia. Nizoral studies ( not done or claimed by the company) indicate it increases hair count. All I know is since I've been using them together my crown coverage is improving noticebly.

I get no irritaion from Niz?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!