Was anyone sad to see some of the crusts or hairs go?

Was anyone sad to see some of the crusts or hairs go? I wanted them to leave because I know that is how the process works but it was cool seeing them because it gave an idea what my hairline will hopefully look like. I have mixed emotions seeing some leave in the last few days.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Was anyone sad to see some of the crusts or hairs go? I wanted them to leave because I know that is how the process works but it was cool seeing them because it gave an idea what my hairline will hopefully look like. I have mixed emotions seeing some leave in the last few days.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Over the first week, when I still had the transplanted hairs and scabs, I was able to see what it will be like in about 6 months. After I would get out of the shower, with my hair still wet, all of the area of my head blended together if I stood far enough away from the mirror. I looked like I had a good hairline and no bald spots.

Now all that is gone and I am in the "waiting phase".

I'm in the same boat, at day 18 and I still have many of the grafts, but they are slowly leaving. I've been enjoying seeing my new hairline and am a little concerned I may feel a bit balder once they go! I can't tell if i've experienced a small amount of shock loss or if I just got used to the new hairline. Anyway, can't wait for it to grow in.

Originally posted by Jotronic:

I was so upset I took a photo of the first scabs to come off so I could remember them (sniff, sniff). icon_biggrin.gif

scabbage.JPG

How did so many come off at once? Was that on purpose? Mine are coming off a little each day lately.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

That was after my first with Dr. Wong. I was a little eager and "encouraged" their release by simply rubbing my hand from front to back over the transplanted area. The shot was taken on day six which was basically when the last of my scabs came off. The real shedding of course didn't happen for a while later.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians