What have I done???

Just home from a 3600 graft with Doc Wong. I have to say, they are an extremely professional staff and the experience was handled superbly.

If any of you can give me words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate it...I am fearful that I made the wrong choice, or that it won't work. I am away for 5 weeks from work and anyone I know now, to let my scalp recover and I am wondering if that might be enough time for the redness to fade when I go back to work? Will I be able to look somewhat normal if I shave down fairly close?

Anyway, if someone can make me feel better, that would be greaticon_smile.gif

Thanks

Just home from a 3600 graft with Doc Wong. I have to say, they are an extremely professional staff and the experience was handled superbly.

If any of you can give me words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate it...I am fearful that I made the wrong choice, or that it won't work. I am away for 5 weeks from work and anyone I know now, to let my scalp recover and I am wondering if that might be enough time for the redness to fade when I go back to work? Will I be able to look somewhat normal if I shave down fairly close?

Anyway, if someone can make me feel better, that would be greaticon_smile.gif

Thanks

baldeagle,

Congratulations for joining the REAL hair club for men! Dr. Wong is an excellent hair restoration surgeon and I believe you have nothing to worry about.

Just think...you are on your way to a much fuller head of hair!

When I was a hair transplant newbie, I found a lot of encouragement and support here on this community just by posting, asking questions, and sharing my own experience and photos!

I hope you'll take the time to create a hair loss weblog and share your journey with us by posting your experience and hair transplant photos.

The next step is taking things easy and relaxing for a bit and follow Dr. Wong's hair transplant postoperative guide.

Now the wait begins...

Here are some immediately postoperative hair transplant postoperative tips for you.

Here are some additional hair transplant postoperative tips.

Information on Postoperative Redness can be found here.

I also recommend reading the following thread: When will I look normal after a hair transplant?

I hope this helps.

Bill

Baldeagle:

Here are some words of encouragement--or at least the intent is there:

1. It is perfectly normal to question whether or not you made the right decision--especially right now, a mere hours after getting the procedure done. Don't negate the fact that regardless of how the procedure was handled, you body produced chemical (or whatever non-scientific term one wants to use) to get you ready for this and for you to get through this. So for the next few days you will find yourself "coming down" from the "trauma." Even people who have had minor surgeries like having a tooth pulled experience these "downs."

2. The next 7-10 days may not be easy. You will probably be in pain (donor area, especially), your scalp will feel weird, you may (or most probably will) have swelling, and in general may just feel out of it. The best thing I can tell you is that within 10-14 days, you should rebound from it all. For these 10-14 days, just be very kind to yourself: Rent movies you want to watch, talk to loved ones, etc. Find ways to NOT think about the scabs, the discomfort, the cost of the procedure, etc., etc. Also, if you feel stressed or panicky--THAT'S OKAY. Those are normal reactions to just about anything that disrupt our daily lives.

Five weeks should be enough time for the redness to go away--although it may depend on your ethnicity.

Also, if nothing else, know that many people on this site have gone through this, so just that may make you feel better.

About whether the outcome of the HT will be good or bad: I have no supportive words to give you here because I am worried as hell about that as well.

Take care.

Baldeagle

After being an active member on this forum for a few years, posts like this pop up all the time. More often than that, those posts are from members that did not know about this forum until after the HT had gone through. Most of those members ended up getting their HT done w/o the research and done by bad quality docs. At least your HT was performed by one of the best Coalition Docs, and I have no doubts that your results will be great. Like Billero mentioned, the best thing for you to do now, is to follow the post op instructions religiously. Other than that, look forward to your 5 weeks break to relax. Drink lots of water, eat healthy and you'll be back to normal in no time. Have a set of loose clothing for at least the first week, so you won't accidentally knock off any of the fragile grafts when you're changing like I did. Get some Dermatch to help conceal the donor area, when the time comes that you have to go back to work. Let us know how you're doing after about 2 weeks, I think you'll be surprised at how "normal" you feel and look then. Best of luck.

baldeagle,the fears you talk about i think are totally normal.

i think we spend years and years dreaming of getting our hair back it becomes the be all and end all.we then take the plunge and spend a small fortune on what seems(for now) to be the last chance saloon,basically if it doesnt work we are f*!ked and out of pocket.

i seem to remember a couple of days after the hullaballoo of it all feeling a little bit down,but that soon went and when the little buggers started to show a couple of months later i knew i done the right thing.

you have used a top surgeon mate i dont think you have anything to fear, so take a chill pill and wait for your new life with hair to beginicon_biggrin.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

baldeagle,

You will look and feel pretty good in 2 weeks compared to how you look and feel now. 5 weeks will give time for your native hair to grow some (if you have any?) to cover the donor and recipient areas better. You will be fine unless you had any serious shockloss. Keep us posted and good luck.

Months from now you will look back and say - "Damn, this was worth it!"

NoBuzz

Hey everyone,

Your comments mean so much to me, thanks. Today is slightly better, no pain, and except that I am not that hungry (I think that is still stress) I am feeling ok.

I did have a lot of native hair on top that was shaved, so hopefully in 5 weeks, some will regrow and I will look semi-normal. The donor area seems fine, and a ton of hair is covering it for now.

I am here right until the staples get taken out, so at least the nice people at H&W can wash my hair everyday.

Thanks, guys, and keep the positive thoughts coming...I will update in a week or so.

Baldeagle,

Consider your self a lucky one, you actually received a HT by arguably one of the top three docs in the world! (note that I said arguably) Dr. Wong is one of the best. Listen bud these next few weeks spoil yourself! Just like Female said buy yourself some stuff rent movies etc... This time is for you. I suggest you do get other (at least one person) that are dear to you involved. It could be a lonely road after the first week or two. I had the same amount of time off an let me tell you after the second week I was itching to go and be with my friends and family, I had my girlfriend with me from day 1 she was great. I don't know how your hair characteristics are, or if you had to shave your head for the procedure, but as for me the toughest part is now 2 months post op. Its the doldrums my friend and they stink! Listen you have nothing now but time and concern, use your time to educate yourself on this roller coaster ride that is the HT. Its a long ride my friend, but from 99.9 percent of the people I have talked to they all have agreed that this was one of their best decisions of their life. Its funny you'll look back on this day in 6-12 months and you'll laugh... Good for you and spoil yourself for the next month i'm jealous...

You only live once...

you chose a fantastic doctor whom Ive heard nothing but praise for. Im sure you will be another happy patient. I would start lifting weights to take yours and everyone elses attention away from your head and onto your body. Ive heard this works great for others and I would definetelly do it myself. Congrats and good luck with the waiting game.

Eagle

Having doubts are a normal feeling and you will have a host of these the next couple months 9 as we all did) BUT at 1 year I can almost promise you your feelings will be the TOTAL opposite. Here are some words of reason and encouragement to go with the others above

1 - You went to one of the top HT docs in the world

2 - 3600 will provide some very nice coverage

3 - The surgery is over, you just need to wait now which, yes , sucks

4 - in 12 months you will see a dramatic differece

5 - it will take about 2 weeks before your sugery looks normal and you can hide the work considering you have hair to cover the grafts and donor site

To sum it up look at H & W's website and those who have had 3600 grafts.. THAT WILL BE YOU !!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!