Transmed Turkey any feedback

Dear All

Did any of you have had HT by Dr. Melike from Transmed. And how were the results.

Turkey is close to Israel, and her name is among the recommended doctors.

How were you treated when you arrived to Transmed, was thier goal to achieve patient satisfaction or were they after the money.

Please advise?

Hi darkmanhyk,

I have had surgery at the Transmed clinic. My dr. was one of the doctors of the Transmed it was not Melike. I am almost 5 months post op and pleased with the results so far.

I made an appointment with the doctor. We talked about the hairtransplantation and my expectations. He measured my donor density and showed me pictures of other patients. He showed me pictures of patients with similar hair loss patterns and hair structure. This way I knew what I could expect. Also pictures of scarring in donor area were shown.

I was so determined to have a HT done and convinced of their staff I didn't even bother to ask for real life patients.

One of the things I liked about transmed is that I first spoke with the doctor and it was pure surgical. This way it felt informative and not pushy. Only after my consultation with the doctor I spoke with the manager regarding the costs.

With the find function on the forum you can read more of my experience with Transmed. Also please feel free to ask whatever you want about this clinic I will try to inform you as good as possible.

Dr. Melike Kulahci is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network and does impressive work. I'd recommend at least consulting with her while you continue your research.

I recommend also using the "find" feature of our forum as Maxzor has suggested to see what other patients have been saying.

Maxzor, I'm pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with Transmed. Have you created a hair loss weblog or posted your pictures somewhere?

Best wishes,

Bill

I saw some cases in a german board. I was not impressed. They cant do densepacking and they have a too conserative philosophy, in all cases they have only about 40 grafts in the hairline. They told them always the same, that more is not possible, but i think that transmed cannot handle with more grafts. There are some others, who are recommended here, and that docs do much better work in my opinion!

Dear All

You know I am starting to get confused here, first I asked about a physician who is not known on this board. Then I asked about a recommended center like Transmed, and I also get negative feedback.

I am afraid I will not do a HT, since now all I feel is getting worried about everything.

The reason why I asked about Transmed is that they are the only place that I could travel to easily. But now I feel i am totally lost. And flying to US or canada to do a HT is not an option for me at allllll.

So please when u have a negartive feedback give us the link so I could evaluate what ur response

NW5a,

I assume you mean 40 FU grafts per sq cm in the hairline?

Remember that some hair transplant physicians prefer the use of larger grafts which prevents FU grafts from being able to be too densely packed together in a single hair transplant session. 40 FU grafts per sq cm however, is approximately 50% average natural hair density and may be adequate to create the illusion of hair density depending on hair characteristics.

Personally, I have a preference for larger dense packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation when appropriate for the patient, like those in the Coalition perform.

But those who are recommended still produce quality results using standard follicular unit hair transplantation. But a greater quantity of hair transplant sessions may be required to meet the patient's hair restoration goals.

Also, feel free to post links to patients you have seen of hers that might help darkman in his decision making process.

Darkman,

Continue to do diligent research. Take a look at real patient before/after pictures for yourself in order to determine whether or not Dr. Kulahci produces quality work.

Bill

Darkman,

What is your hair situation? Bald spot in the crown, recession in the front, diffused thinning....how severe, what NW level, etc.

Dr. Melike sounds and looks solid; perhaps not able to perform densepacking or megasessions at the level of other surgeons that are out of your reach, but this isn't to say you will not walk away in a better spot than you are currently in. Depending on your hair situation, her limitations may or may not be a huge deal.

Since you are adamant about not being able to travel abroad, Melike may very well be your best bet for your first HT -- in the future, perhaps, you may very well have even more options. I concur that you should go do a consult; research and dig, and try to get a good picture of what you can realistically achieve from Melike and then determine if you think it is a good deal for you to go through with it.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by Bill - Moderator:

NW5a,

I assume you mean 40 FU grafts per sq cm in the hairline?

Remember that some hair transplant physicians prefer the use of larger grafts which prevents FU grafts from being able to be too densely packed together in a single hair transplant session. 40 FU grafts per sq cm however, is approximately 50% average natural hair density and may be adequate to create the illusion of hair density depending on hair characteristics.

Personally, I have a preference for larger dense packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation when appropriate for the patient, like those in the Coalition perform.

But those who are recommended still produce quality results using standard follicular unit hair transplantation. But a greater quantity of hair transplant sessions may be required to meet the patient's hair restoration goals.

Also, feel free to post links to patients you have seen of hers that might help darkman in his decision making process.

Darkman,

Continue to do diligent research. Take a look at real patient before/after pictures for yourself in order to determine whether or not Dr. Kulahci produces quality work.

Bill

Yes i mean 40 FU grafts per sq cm. I dont say they?‚??re unethical, but there are some others who are better in doing densepacking and megasessions and i think u would never choose that company, uf there is a Hasson, Shapiro or Rahal ...

NW5a,

You are right...some clinics have the ability to do larger densely packed megasessions while others do not. Some have the ability but choose not to.

I do have a personal preference for larger densely packed megasessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation when appropriate for the patient.

Bill

Hi darkmanhyk,

I think transmed is able to dense pack but I too have noticed that they have a conservative approach.

I am happy with my results so far and have had a lot of compliments. I made no secret of my surgery. A lot of balding people wanted to know where I had surgery.

I don't want to sound like an advocate of Transmed clinic all I can tell is that my own experience with the clinic is positive. I have more confidence with women.

I had a surgery of 3200 grafts so they can do large sessions. Also for me a surgery in the US was not a real option. I believe that cosmetic surgery in Turkey is at a high level. Only you have to find the right clinic(s). There are a lot of quacks.

If you are really considering a HT send them some pictures and have at least an online consult. Also if money is a consideration, they are relatively very cheap.

NW5a,

do you have the URL of that German board it would be nice to see some of the examples they are providing overthere. By the way last week I saw a patient of dr Heitmann. He had done 4000 grafts with FUE and it was very cheap. He too was very positive about Heitmann. Allthough I was not really impressed, maybe because he was at an advanced fase of balding. But what matters is that he is happy.

Bill,

Yes maybe I should create a weblog but I am lazy and also don?‚??t like being on pictures. With the increasing hair I have more confidence but still

max

maxzor,

Do you know how to crop the picture so your face doesn't show? That is one idea if you are camera shy!

A hair loss weblog is beneficial for the one who hosts it to receive encouragement and support. It is also helpful to those seeking hair transplantation with a particular clinic so they can see real life patient posted results.

I hope you'll reconsider.

Bill