5 month hair picture .is my hair doing ok ? . THANKS DR ROSE

I had my HT on 6-6-06..

I am very very pleased with how well Dr.Rose's office handled my surgery.

They were great. I thank them for taking good care of me.

And his staff, wow, they were just superb! They really made me feel at ease and very comfortable! I was very nervous about this whole surgery, but Dr Rose and his staff really did a terrific job!

I can't get over how painless and smooth the whole procedure went.

I am very happy with my decision to have him as my doctor.

If anyone is like me, (reading internet, emailing you, worring)... You read this email I'm just am amazed how virturaly painless this procedure was. I am 100% positive it was because of Dr.Rose and his staff's knowledge. I am so glad we used you instead of other hair transplant offices in the area, or anywhere in the country! Again, thank you and many thanks to your staff!

9901038742_7A15073840E3B77BF641E8406DDE8A8C.jpg.thumb 8901038742_9CF341845C4076ADB2A54D7238E678E0.jpg.thumb 8771065942_07181184B67210E3F557D1476434408C.JPG.thumb 8121060462_735CAE639C418A14A375E63ED390E4D0.JPG.thumb 3281084652_D5A5E4BFA525EA9FCE9D09BC36124EDB.JPG.thumb 1351034772_757995BED24E5D052C601A97FF07211F.jpg.thumb 1011038742_ECB2A2A2C7A5E53A7CA022A81D5C9241.JPG.thumb

Guest bro66

takes at least 4 to 6 months before any hairs start growing, and at least 12 months for a full results. the transplants need to fully heal and mature before they will start growing. didn't you discuss this with the doctor?

sometimes people don't lose too much of the transplanted hair, it's rare but I've heard about it. I know I even had a few hairs, not many, but a few that just sat there and didn't do anything for about 2 months or so then they started growing. Ya never know maybe that is what is happening to a lot of yours?

Guest bro66

also, i used bactine spray on my donar area, it helped with the pain and itching, and also kept the area clean and dry. it dosn't contain alcohol, so it won't sting.

Tom,

Thanks for posting the pics............glad to hear you had a nice experience with Dr. Rose, though I'm not surprised. I've heard excellent things about him from other posters here.

No doubt about it, waiting sucks! Everyone's different with growth. My 2nd HT started sprouting at the 6 week mark but wasn't really noticable until the 3 month mark because the hair grows so thin and wispy. After couple of months, once I knew it was growing, I stopped thinking about it and quit looking in the mirror every time I walked by........................now, at almost 4 1/2 months, the growth is very noticable but coverage is still not close to where it's going to be when complete.

Hang in there and try to do something to get your mind off of it. You had a quality Doc for the HT so it will be successful, just give it a little time and keep posting your updates.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

2200 to front top-what about the crown area?

its looking good-i had a ht in porto alegre brasil last tuesday

Originally posted by Tom T:

this it the steps of my HT....

• 4 months later...

Looks awesome for just 5 months!

May I ask why you only went with 2200 grafths? From the pre pics, it looks like cyou could've had more.

I'm having my HT with him as well. Cant wait!

keep us posted and update pics!

While I certainly do not doubt that you will be pleased with your results, I would offer 1 note of criticism here.

Before I do, I want to say that A. I do NOT know the condition of scalp laxity and B. the size of Tom T's wallet.

Here is where I have a problem with this approach -- judging from the photos Tom is not 25 and is probably nearer late 30's or older.

This is the PERFECT guy to take a HT to the next level! A session of 3000, 3500 or 4000 grafts would look AMAZING, versus a "solid" look of 2200.

What other characteristics is a HT doctor looking for?

I would be a hypocrite if I criticized the ultra-mega sessions and not the sessions of smaller graft counts when a patient seems to meet all of the criteria for a larger session. (let me say that if the pendulum *had* to swing one way or the other, I would prefer the smaller sessions, less chance for mistakes)

This is NOT a question of Dr. Rose's skill at all who does exceedingly fine work both technically and artistically.

I just think this is a chance for us to see the "middle ground" that I am always babbling about--------- those 3000-4000 sessions on NW 4, 5, and 6's. Two sessions of 1500-2000 are great, but it is 2 years of down time and much more expensive for the patient usually 3 to 6000 dollars.

We need to see Doc's with the skill of Dr Rose performing higher graft sessions on a regular basis.

More options for those of us who suffer means less chance of poor results.

Tom, you will be happy with your results, but look at a guy like Mark H to get a visual on what I am talking about.

Again, I do not know all of the facts of your particular case, just generalizing here.

Happy Growing!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks Bill!

I just got a great PM from Tom about this and he discussed some issues, so I understand where he is coming from.

I just want US as the informed consumer to drive Dr.s like a Dr Rose to raise the bar a bit a move from the comfort zone when a patient like Tom walks in the door. Just as I feel we can be too aggressive, I feel we can be too conservative.

I know I talked to Dr. Shapiro about this and he has welcomed the opportunity to identify patients that fit his criteria for 3000, and 4000+ sessions as opposed to simply doing a tremendous 2500 graft session and laying a good base for the future.

Just to lay a finer point, I do not think doing sessions of 2000-2500 grafts is bad, so don't get me wrong. Tremendous results can be achieved with sessions this size.

I just want to push the envelope up a bit which gives us (the patient) a quicker result and is more cost effective in the long run.

Again, this is not a knock on the skills of Dr. Rose, whom I hold in high regard.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Bravo B Spot, you've earned your pay for the day.

As for me, when I decided I was going to get an HT, I made the decision that I wanted the best, and that I wasn't going to limit the results based on my wallet graft-wise either.

So, when I went in to see Dr. Cooley, and was immediately impressed....as I still am...I said, "hair me, doc!"