Copy of Letter to Dr Cooley September 2007

Middleson

Hello Fellas (and ladies),

Sorry I haven't been very active on the forum lately. I've been busier than usual with completing work/home projects, but will try to lurk/post a little more to help answer questions, etc.., wherever I might be able to contribute. I wrote a letter to Dr. Cooley and it seemed appropriate to share it here on the transplant experiences and surgeon reviews forum. Copy/pasted below:

Hello Dr. Cooley,

I haven't forgotten you guys...just being patient, as advised this past January.

But I did want you to know that I am really happy with what you guys have done for me. It is just fantastic! I've got to tell you that I would be absolutely satisfied if my results were to remain as they are right now. I saw myself from a three way mirror the other day and it felt as though I had stepped back in time. Before then, I had only viewed my crown from using a small hand held mirror in a pretty harsh light. It blows me away to realize (from what you've told me, and from all I've read about the usual progression of hair transplant results) that the best is yet to come in the next 3-4 months!

I cannot thank you guys enough for what you did for me. I am planning on driving back to Charlotte this coming January/February and would love to stop in your office and have you take some one year photos. I can use those photos and update my weblog at that time.

Thank you so much, all of you. I wish I also remembered the names of all the Lab Technicians that make up your team, because I would want to thank each and every one of them as well. I understand how important their work is and how much it contributed to my fantastic results.

See you next year!

By the way, I will be willing and happy to speak or meet with anyone who you think might resemble my own case and might want to see for themselves the wonderful work that you guys do. You have my permission to use my Email and phone number for this purpose.

Very sincerely,

[Middleson]

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hello Fellas (and ladies),

Sorry I haven't been very active on the forum lately. I've been busier than usual with completing work/home projects, but will try to lurk/post a little more to help answer questions, etc.., wherever I might be able to contribute. I wrote a letter to Dr. Cooley and it seemed appropriate to share it here on the transplant experiences and surgeon reviews forum. Copy/pasted below:

Hello Dr. Cooley,

I haven't forgotten you guys...just being patient, as advised this past January.

But I did want you to know that I am really happy with what you guys have done for me. It is just fantastic! I've got to tell you that I would be absolutely satisfied if my results were to remain as they are right now. I saw myself from a three way mirror the other day and it felt as though I had stepped back in time. Before then, I had only viewed my crown from using a small hand held mirror in a pretty harsh light. It blows me away to realize (from what you've told me, and from all I've read about the usual progression of hair transplant results) that the best is yet to come in the next 3-4 months!

I cannot thank you guys enough for what you did for me. I am planning on driving back to Charlotte this coming January/February and would love to stop in your office and have you take some one year photos. I can use those photos and update my weblog at that time.

Thank you so much, all of you. I wish I also remembered the names of all the Lab Technicians that make up your team, because I would want to thank each and every one of them as well. I understand how important their work is and how much it contributed to my fantastic results.

See you next year!

By the way, I will be willing and happy to speak or meet with anyone who you think might resemble my own case and might want to see for themselves the wonderful work that you guys do. You have my permission to use my Email and phone number for this purpose.

Very sincerely,

[Middleson]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Middleson,

Very nice letter to Dr. Cooley. It must make these surgeons feel good to know how life-changing their work can be.

We know that they make a good living doing this kind of work and certainly deserve it, but a thank you like that you cannot put a price on.

I am sure he is as happy for you as we are!

NoBuzz

Hi chibbler1,

I appreciate your point regarding updated photos being a better way of communicating the success of my procedure. Perhaps I should have waited until I had them before sharing the letter I wrote to Dr. Cooley?

I'll update my weblog in time.

Cheers!

Edit (simulposting with nobuzz):

Hey nobuzz!! I was wondering if there were any classmates from the HT Class of January 2007 still around. It seems to me the boring part of the wait is just about over and the real progress is beginning. What about you?

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Middleson,

IH here ( class of Jan07 ) Good to hear you'er growing well and happy with your progress. you finding it hard to walk past a mirror now? icon_biggrin.gif

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Middleson,

Can I assume by the title of this thread that you will be sending this letter to them NEXT year? Last time I checked it is still 2007 icon_wink.gif.

I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with your results so far. I too would like to see some photos when you get a chance if you are willing.

Best wishes,

Bill

Good to "see" you guys again.

Interesting comment about passing a mirror Irigh Homer because I really don't notice much difference in my appearance when I look in the mirror since most of my work was in the back of my head. I had some work on the front but only as much as necessary to slightly reinforce my receeding hairline...not enough to make a very noticable differance in appearance from the front.

Before my surgery, I could see the bald spot in the back of my head by looking at the mirror while facing it with my head tilted down. At this point (8 months) I no longer can notice a bald spot from that view.

I was pretty excited this morning after being able to see myself from the back & sides in one of those triple mirrors where you can swing the two outside mirrors toward the inside mirror (i don't have one of those in my own house). I guess the lighting was just right two because I was just stunned at the difference...it just looked totally filled in and I haven't seen that in about fifteen years. To see the back of my head in my own home I use this little hand held mirror in bright light, and to me it doesn't look as full as it did in that triple mirror even though it is much improved since January 2007. I can also tell a difference by feel at this point.

Bill, you caught me on the year man...I sent the letter to Dr. Cooley today...don't know why I was thinking it's already 2008, just getting ahead of myself I guess. I'll see if I can change the title of the thread to 2007, but if I can't do it, do you have special powers as a co-moderator & associate publisher to change it for me?

Oh, and I will get some pics together real soon. I purchased a digital camera a few months ago...guess it's time I look for those instructions.

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog