The depression

Beanstalk

I am 20 years old. My father (49) is bald. My brother (24) is damn near bald. He "bics" his head now, so its hard to tell. But I'm pretty sure hair his completely stopped growing on the top of his head. My hair is starting to fall out now. This has had me very depressed lately. I lost my appetite and dont sleep much anymore. I feel like if I go bald, I am going to become a depressed loser for the rest of my life.

I just started using Rogaine (extra strengh). Im sorry, but I dont know the proper terms for the names of balding patterns. My hair is getting very thin on the top of my head, and when I bend down you can clearly see a lot of scalp. It's especially thin in the back (the crown?).

Do you think the Rogaine will work for this type of hair loss? I am going to make a dermetoligst appointment this week, and ask about Propecia. Which one of these do you think is a better choice for me? Can I use them together for combined effectiveness? Thank you

I am 20 years old. My father (49) is bald. My brother (24) is damn near bald. He "bics" his head now, so its hard to tell. But I'm pretty sure hair his completely stopped growing on the top of his head. My hair is starting to fall out now. This has had me very depressed lately. I lost my appetite and dont sleep much anymore. I feel like if I go bald, I am going to become a depressed loser for the rest of my life.

I just started using Rogaine (extra strengh). Im sorry, but I dont know the proper terms for the names of balding patterns. My hair is getting very thin on the top of my head, and when I bend down you can clearly see a lot of scalp. It's especially thin in the back (the crown?).

Do you think the Rogaine will work for this type of hair loss? I am going to make a dermetoligst appointment this week, and ask about Propecia. Which one of these do you think is a better choice for me? Can I use them together for combined effectiveness? Thank you

I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies on this one. First of all - start using Propecia as soon as possible - everyone says it's the best choice for the crown and I agree. I also heard that using Propecia and Rogaine enhances the effect. The only problem with Rogaine is that it's such a pain to remember to apply it in the evening and morning, and the white stuff (at least in my case), that it was leaving, that I only use Propecia now. Again - Propecia is the best solution to your problem right now.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Beanstalk:

Hang in there. It's not so bad and it is certainly conquerable.

First -- HIT THE GYM. Boost your testosterone with some weight training. Your mood will improve dramatically and you'll look better too.

There is something about tasks that are hard to do that make them more worthwhile to pursue.

It is the struggle and the ensuing results that make us strong, and our efforts worthwhile.

Try not to become depressed and withdrawn. Hairloss shouldn't take your spirit away. I don't know if I ever got depressed, but I certainly felt "down" about the whole mess in my case. So I started to run and lift. Yeah, it takes time and effort. But you'll see as I did it always does the trick in lifting the spirit and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.

Read some of my other posts on Propecia. It really does work miracles for some people.

Best of luck and chin up!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

The good news here is that because you are young and your hair loss is recent, you have an excellent chance of responding to Propecia and Minoxidil. Give yourself a year on Propecia to decide if it's working, if not longer. Take some photos, and in a year compare your status.

Also, Minoxidil is a pain, but even a once a day application can help, if it is too inconvenient to apply twice per day.

Try to keep a positive attitude if you can. There are worse things than hair loss.

Good luck!

I appreciate the feedback I've gotten so far. All over the web I've been searching hair loss information.. but it's mostly just companies trying to sell you stuff. I was looking for a place with real people, and I think I found it. Gonna keep going with the extra strength Rogaine (tho might switch to normal, starting to get very dry scalp), and get on Propecia after my dermetologist appointment next week. Reading the success stories on this board has really turned my attitude around