propecia

giants

Theres no doubt that propecia can take up to a year to work but after 1 month my hairline has gone to crap. In one months my hiarline thinned out more than it usually does in one year+. During this time i have switched from rogaine foam to the liquid but i know this wouldnt have any effect on my hair.

I know that propecia takes time but do I have any hope of getting my hairline back?

Originally posted by giants:

Theres no doubt that propecia can take up to a year to work but after 1 month my hairline has gone to crap. In one months my hiarline thinned out more than it usually does in one year+. During this time i have switched from rogaine foam to the liquid but i know this wouldnt have any effect on my hair.

I know that propecia takes time but do I have any hope of getting my hairline back?

That is a wildly speculative question. How would anyone know what results you would have with Propecia? Its not proven like the results of a surgery and it does not work at all on some patients.

In my experience, propecia has not regrown hair at the hairline; however, I feel it has helped prevent my hairline from receeding further; it has basically halted loss at the hairline. I guess individual results can vary.

I'm not sure what the extent of your loss is etc..If you are in the early stages of hairloss you may have a chance at regrowth. But as a general rule propecia is most effective at the crown/vertex area and somewhat effective at the mid-scalp area as far as possible regrowth.

As far as 1 month your hairline "gone to crap" that sounds odd; usually it is a slow regression.

I would definitely stay on propecia though.

giants,

I've been on it for 6 years so it is hard to remember details; but for the most part, I felt that my receding "halted" once I began taking the drug; up to now, my hairline may have slipped a little, but it has for the most part stabalized my hair loss.