3,500 CROWN GRAFTS WITH DR. FELLER - AUG. 1ST, 2008

I met CR yesterday, his crown looks even better than the photo's - his mop is going to be A1!

Some people may think CR a little crazy re: hiding his HT from everyone - after meeting him yesterday I can confirm he is truly certifiable!! - luckily he is also cool dude icon_cool.gif

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's crazy at all for hiding, I "hide" every repair surgery! In fact, to me, worse than the actual surgery and the little red marks is the "surgical haircut"...mine is always kinda bozo the clown...that is probably why I hide! I know it's really dumb, but, everyone is different. I give CR "mad props" for the pictures, I'm too chicken to do that. I know they really help substantiate the words, wish I could overcome that.

Hey Guys & Gals,

I updated my Weblog for Day 8 Post Op!

I'm assuming everything is firmly in place now, so can I massage shampoo a little harder now to really and try to get all the scabbing off? Can I let the shower hit the recipient area directly now at Day 8 Post Op? Thank you in advance for anyone that can help with suggestions icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Crown Royal:

Hey Guys & Gals,

I updated my Weblog for Day 8 Post Op!

I'm assuming everything is firmly in place now, so can I massage shampoo a little harder now to really and try to get all the scabbing off? Can I let the shower hit the recipient area directly now at Day 8 Post Op? Thank you in advance for anyone that can help with suggestions icon_smile.gif

Man, you're looking good so far. I used Aloe Vera gel on my recipient area and it really loosened those scabs up. At the nine day time, I let the shower hit my head BUT I have a water saver shower head that only puts out two-gallons per minute, plus yours is more exposed. I think you'll be fine, but I'd still recommend the Aloe Vera as it's soothing as well.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hey! I've updated my Weblog for Day 10 Post Op and staple removal.

I just wanted to thank this whole community again as I wouldn't have done what I did with such a great doc if it wasn't for all of you. Thank you so much icon_smile.gif

I will update my blog in one months time

• 3 weeks later...

hey crown

Unfortunatly I suffered from shockloss too , please be aware that the crown takes ages and can get very frustrating at times .

Find a new hobbie to take your mind of it hahahaha .

Good luck bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Check out my updated weblog for 1 month pics with concealer

They are pics that I just took today, 1 month post op with Dr. Feller. Wanted to help out and show how I am concealing everything until growth starts (in a long time). It's definitely not the greatest disguise in the world because my native hair still hasn't grown back in the crown. I didn't have much to begin with but enough for dermatch to look great in the crown. Now, since there isn't that much hair back there right now, it is challenging to try and cover up. Basically, I apply dermatch first and then sprinkle on some Toppik and I try to even it out as much as possible. I do the same for the scar.

I think it does look kind of "fake" but in my mind it's better than the alternative and I feel like "it can only get better, right?"

I will keep doing this regiment until the HT grows in. The toppik is messy though, does anyone have any other suggestions? I know the majority of products out there need some kind of hair to "hold on to" but just wondering if I can improve on "the fake" look for a few months more :-)

Crown,

Your crown doesn't look bad with the concealer, but I understand why you feel it looks a little fake.

I tried Dermmatch a few times and even though I thought I was getting better at the application, it just never felt natural to me.

Part of the problem is, topical concealers don't work as well on bald areas and are better on areas of thinning hair.

But you are only one month out. The wait is the hardest part, but the results are coming icon_smile.gif.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

hey crown

The duldrums do suck buddy but try to hang in there , it will be worth it .

Me and my girlfriend want to know if you managed to keep up the deception , did you eventually have to tell anyone and how did they react ?

cheers big guy and keep the faith

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Haha Richie,

Believe it or not, I've kept the deception strong. When I first saw my girlfriend and my co-workers, it was obvious that something was going on with my crown. Even with dermatch, you could tell it was shaved down in a perfect bald circle. I told everyone that my friends shaved a bald spot in the back of my head when I was sleeping and drunk one night in California! That story has held up to this day and NOBODY knows I got an HT except for my barber. I decided to tell him, he didn't even know when he was cutting my hair afterward because I had dermatch in and he has just been using a #3 clip all over since my HT. I felt good telling him even though I was a bit embarrassed.

The only funny thing about my story is the other day my co-worker was looking at the back of my hair and said, "man, that is taking awhile to grow back in there in the back". I said, "yeah, those bastards shaved my head and it's either growing back real slow or I'm afraid it might never grow back."

In about 8 more months I'll just say, "thank god that hair grew back, I was scared I would have a bald spot forever!"

Classic stuff

I'll keep the faith brotha icon_smile.gif

Hi Crown---

As you know, I'm right ahead of you at a little over three months now.

Just so you're prepared, in my experience, the three month mark is the toughest. Up until now, I knew it was virtually impossible any changes would be happening. Once I knew three months was approaching, it got nerve racking and more tempting to check the mirror.

I agree that reading about something is much different than experiencing it. I didn't think waiting for the growth would be so difficult.

Look forward to hearing more of your updates...

• 3 weeks later...

looks like you're right on track. those pimples you've got are a pretty good indicator that growth will start soon. just remember it will take at least 1 year to see the final growth results and it will continue to improve up until 18 months.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Crown Royal,

If there is no residual cover-up left in your hair after your shower, then I'd say you are growing very fast for a crown case indeed. We're very happy for you here at the office and we all look forward to your continuing progess.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Congratulations on your growth to date. Can't wait to see your pics by summertime.

Grow well.

Dr. F